News from Fourth Grade
October 12-October 16
This week we will be starting our nonfiction unit. Students will be learning about different types of nonfiction, the features of nonfiction, and how to organize the important information they identify from nonfiction texts. In addition, students will be independent reading and participating in guided reading groups throughout the week. Students will also be able to take AR tests as they are ready for them.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This weekend I am sending home a multiplication review packet for students to complete for Tuesday. I have attached an example of each strategy students are expected to use to help guide them and to help you if you are trying to help your student. We will be reviewing this packet on Tuesday.
This week will continue working in guided math groups with division, including work with 1 digit divisors and 3 & 4 digit dividends (with and without remainders). Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group). Students will also be working daily on math facts practice.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- Monday, October 12-No School (Columbus Day)
- Book orders are due Friday, October 16th!
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 21 students in our classroom.