November 13, 2019
WEEK AT A GLANCE
11/13 DEADLINE 10:00 PM Order meal for Friday’s game Marching Band Website
11/14 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field CANCELLED
11/14 Rehearsal Saxophone Ensemble RHS 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
11/14 IDL Auditions All Band Room 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
11/15 Hall Band Marching Band Band Room 7:30 AM - 8:10 AM
11/15 RHS vs. Wheeler Play-off Game Marching Band Band Room 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
11/15 DEADLINE: Spring Trip permission slip/first deposit All
11/16 Ed Voyles announces the Jeep winner! All Facebook / Live Stream 12:00 PM
11/18 IDL Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM IDL Band Room 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
11/19 Fulton County Honor Band Concert Select Centennial HS 7:00 PM
11/20 Performance Wind Ensemble Roswell Adult Rec Center 12:00 PM
11/20 Rehearsal Concert Band Band Room 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
11/20 Rehearsal Jazz Band Band Room 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
11/21 Rehearsal Marching Band Band Room 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
11/21 Rehearsal IDL Band Room 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
11/22 Play-off Game TBD Marching Band Band Room 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
11/25-29 Thanksgiving Break
MARCHING BAND REMINDERS
HALL BAND ON FRIDAY – 11/15
FOOTBALL GAME RHS VS. WHEELER – 11/15
· All Marching Band students must attend the game on Friday. Arrival time is 6:00 p.m.
· We are not performing at half-time. Plan to wear jeans and Roswell shirts. Dress warmly!
· Hand warmers are now available for purchase at the concession stand.
· Sign ups are now available in Charms for the first two playoff games -- both home games for RHS. The home games are a great opportunity for us to raise more funds for the band and make up for some shortfalls in other fundraising efforts this year. With the big crowds expected, we'll be pushing to make the most of our concessions and 50/50 raffle sales. Please go to Charms now and sign up for the spots that are right for you. Be a part of these exciting games! If you have not volunteered so far this year, this is a terrific chance to do your part and see what it takes to support our students. Everyone is welcome.
Here’s the sign up for the first playoff game on November: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=rswlhsb&v=5039895
Here’s the sign up for the second playoff game on November 22 (assuming we continue): https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=rswlhsb&v=5039896
Meal for Friday’s Game:
If you would like to order a meal for your student, we are taking orders for Friday’s game. Place your order by 10 PM Wednesday, November 13. For all students who purchased a Meal Plan that included 5 meals, one of your meals is rolled over to this first home play-off game.
Here is the link buy your meal for 11/15:
Here’s the Georgia High School Association Football Bracket for your convenience:
Marching Band Close-out
The Tuesday after our last football game (TBD) we will hold our Marching Band close-out when students return cleaned uniforms and marching instruments. It will take place after school. A specific date and time will be announced as soon as that information is available.
LAST CALL! INDOOR DRUMLINE AUDITIONS –11/14
Final auditions for Indoor Drumline are scheduled for 11/14 in the Band Room. To audition, be sure to fill out the form below to reserve your spot!
The ensemble practices after school several days per week, and several Saturdays from November-March. Competitions are held on Saturdays throughout the spring semester. The Indoor Drumline competes at local, state, and national level competitions. Questions about IDL? Email Mark Kapral at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLASSROOM BAND REMINDERS
FULTON COUNTY HONOR BAND
Congratulations to the following four students selected for the Fulton County Honor Band. We are so proud of them!
The Fulton County Honor Band concert is scheduled for Tuesday night, 11/19 @ 7:00 p.m. at Centennial High School. Everyone is welcome to attend the concert. Come support your fellow band members!
SPRING BAND TRIP 2020 – DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!
We are pleased to announce that the Roswell Band has been approved to attend a trip to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Animal Kingdom in Orlando, FL. The Spring Band Trip will take place March 15-19, 2020.
All band students received a Trip Memo on Friday, 10/25 to take home to their parents and guardians. Extra copies are in the band hallway. Permission slips and first deposits are due November 15, 2019. Here is a link to the information: https://tinyurl.com/Spring-Trip-2020
On this trip, our students will attend a Universal Studios Movie Music Workshop, co-sponsored by the National Education Association for Music Education. Students will learn how film scoring works, learn how sound effects are created and record part of The Lorax soundtrack with the movie.
Tuba and euphonium players are invited to participate in one or more of the TUBACHRISTMAS concerts/events presented in the regional area. Help achieve maximum participation for your area's TUBACHRISTMAS concert. Your efforts will be appreciated by tuba and euphonium players everywhere! Even if you don’t play one, come check it this fun holiday event.
MARIETTA - SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15 - TIME: 3:30 pm
LOCATION: Marietta Square, downtown.
REGISTRATION: 1:00 pm, Marietta First United Methodist Church
REHEARSAL: 1:30 pm, same as registration.
PARKING: First United Methodist Church & the square.
NOTE: Participant registration fee is $10
CONDUCTOR: Dr. Paul Dickinson
COORDINATOR: Dr. Paul Dickinson 843-496-3417 email@example.com
NOTE: This is NOT a Roswell High School or RHS Band sponsored event. Participation is optional.
2019 marks the 46th anniversary for TUBACHRISTMAS concerts/events which are presented throughout the world. TUBACHRISTMAS was conceived in 1974 by Harvey Phillips as a tribute to his teacher and mentor William J. Bell, born on Christmas Day, 1902. For more information, visit: http://www.tubachristmas.com
WIND ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCE – 11/20
We are excited to tell you that our own Wind Ensemble is scheduled to perform at the Roswell Adult Recreation Center on Wednesday, 11/20 as entertainment for their 42nd Roswell Senior Thanksgiving Luncheon. Permission slips are due to Mr. Moon this Friday.
10:28 AM Begin Warm up and quick rehearsal
11:10 AM Change into business causal wear
11:30 AM Depart for Roswell Adult Recreation Center (RARC)
12:00 PM Arrive at RARC
12:30 PM Sound Check
1:00 PM SHOWTIME
1:30 PM Pack Up
2:00 PM Depart for Roswell High School
2:30 PM Arrive at Roswell High School
We need two chaperones to help drive and one truck driver. Please check Charms to view the sign-up.
BAND BOOSTERS UPDATES
Thank you to everyone who helped make the Jeep Raffle the LARGEST fundraiser ever for Roswell High School Band! What an impressive feat. Volunteers have been diligently adding up the totals. Soon we will be able to tell you exactly how much money we raised! Remember, this weekend is the drawing for the Jeep!
On Saturday, November 16 @ 12:00 PM Ed Voyles will be doing a Facebook LIVE STREAM (https://www.facebook.com/EdVoylesCDJR/) for the winner presentation. Will it be you? J
More winners to be announced soon!
The Final Fall Weekly Drawing (Week 11)
The Grand Prize (iPad, Nintendo Switch or $300 Amex Gift Card)
The Student Team Contest
The Amazon Gift Card Rewards Program
Jeep Raffle Weekly Winners
Congratulations to the winners of our Weekly Student Incentives!
● Week 1 – Brianna Jones
● Week 2 – Nikki Burkhart
● Week 3 - Leah Taylor
● Week 4 – Carlo Dal Cerro
● Week 5 – Josh Cordero
● Week 6 – Matt Hartigan
● Week 7 – Bradley Willis
● Week 8 – Luke Jenstead
● Week 9 – Amy Xu
● Week 10 – Carlo Dal Cerro
STAR WARS FUNdraiser
Join us for a private screening of the newest Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker! It will take place at The Aurora Cineplex on December 21st. Tickets are $20.00 which includes pizza and a drink. The movie begins at 12:30 p.m.; arrive by noon to check in and get your food. Tickets (wristbands) can be purchased below. You will receive your wristband at the event. https://www.roswellband.com/store/movie-form/
Proceeds will benefit the RHS Natalie Henderson Color Guard Scholarship Fund. To honor the memory of RHS Color Guard student Natalie Henderson, this memorial scholarship was developed to support color guard students with their financial obligations so that they may participate in marching band color guard and/or winter guard.
Support the hornet swarm This Holiday Season
Now you can help the Roswell Band without ever leaving your house! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to our band! J
· How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
Simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
· Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
· How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. Select “Roswell High School Band Booster Association, Inc.”
· How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges.
Please see AmazonSmile for program details.
NOVEMBER 2019 (REMAINING)
● 11/18 - Fulton County Honor Band (Centennial HS)
● 11/18 – IDL Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
● 11/19 - Fulton County Honor Band (Centennial HS)
● 11/20- Wind Ensemble performs at Roswell Adult Recreation Center (12:00 PM)
● 11/20 - Concert Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
● 11/20 – Jazz Band Rehearsal @ 6:00 PM
● 11/21 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00*
● 11/21 – IDL Rehearsal @ 6:00 PM
● 11/22 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
● 11/25 - Thanksgiving Break begins
● 12/3 – Full Orchestra Concert @ 7:00 PM (includes Wind Ensemble)
● 12/3 – IDL Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
● 12/4 - Concert Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
● 12/4 – Jazz Band Rehearsal @ 6:00 PM
● 12/5 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM*
● 12/5 - Winter Concert @ 7:00 PM
● 12/6 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
● 12/6 – IDL Camp @ 4:00 PM
● 12/7 – IDL Camp @ 10:0 AM
● 12/9- Percussion Ensemble Concert (BAND ROOM)
● 12/12 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM*
● 12/12 – IDL Rehearsal @ 6:00 PM
● 12/13 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
● 12/13 – IDL Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
● 12/14 - All State 1st Round Auditions/District Honor Band (Alpharetta HS)
● 12/21 - Movie at Aurora @ 12:30 p.m. “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” (check-in @ noon)
● 12/23 - Holiday Break Begins
* for post-season football games