World Geography Final Exam Review
- Provide example how physical geography can affect countries economies.
- Immigrants add to diverse culture?
- Greatest impact on political, economic, and culture elements of Mexico?
- New foods in Western Europe?
- NAFTA & E.U. Formed?
- Map ?
- Cold War counties to impact political landscape of Europe
- Why was the U.N. created?
- Geographic circumstance hampered Russia's success in foreign policy?
- What major change was going on in Europe during 1989 democratic elections in Latvia, Poland, & Ukraine?
- After E.U. Formed, why did we see population shift in Europe?
- Why North Africa is different than South Africa culturally and advancement of medical care?
- Why is Nelson Mandela a hero to many South Africans?
- Negative cultural of European colonization in South America and Africa?
- What happened next?
- Africa has poor economies even though they have an abundance of natural resources?
- Globalization caused rapid sprea of H1N1 flu and Ebola demonstrate?
- What important values are essential to Affican tribes?
- African influence on food and customs in the Caribbean?
- Arab Spring changed Middle Eastern and Northern African states?
- B/C of foreign conquerors and physical features, How has Afruca changed over last century?
- Why have Israels border changed so much?
- What can oil rich nations in the Middle East do to ensure longtime economic success?
- How are women treated in traditional Islamic monarchy of Saudi Arabia?
- Political stance summary.
- Two major reasons that Saudi Arabia is important to many people around the world.
- What has come friom The Middle East having limited amounts of fresh water?
- Why do some countries in SW Asia continue to gain money from natural resources while some don't?
- Movement of tectonic plates moved Indian subcontinent up to Asia and created...?
- Conflict in the province of Kashmir b/w India and Pakistan?
- Why do people in SW Asia depend on summer monsoons each year?
- Where are most Chinese cities located?
- What country is the most devolved and least developed in Asia?
- Stateless Nation: A culturally linked poplation but not recognized internationally.
- Population Density: how many people live in a certain area (sq. Km)
- Plate Tectonics: Theiry that earths outer shell is divided into several plates that glide over the mantle.
- Outsourcing: The practice by companies of sending portions of work to other counties to reduce cost.
- Subsistence Farming: Farming for oneself.
- Commercial Farming: Farming to make a living.
- Cultural assimilation: Process by which a person or a groups language and or culture come to resemble those of another group.
- Cultural hearth: Area where new ideas spread to other parts of the world.
- Cultural diffusion: spread of cultural beliefs and social activities from one group to another.
- Urbanization: Population shift from rural to urban areas.
- Globalization: process of interaction b/w people, companies, & governments of different nations. Driven by international trade.