The Blue Bell Recall
The Summary of what Happened
Blue Bell is an ice cream company. The various flavors of Blue Bell ice cream was easily found in your local grocery store, until the recall happened. The reason for the recall was because the ice cream had the potential to contain an organism called Listeria monocytogenes. This organism can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in children, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Listeria can cause miscarriages and stillbirths.
- Some healthy individuals only suffer from short-term symptoms.
- At least three people who have eaten the blue bell ice cream have died from Listeria.
- Ten people from four different states have fallen ill from the bacteria.
- The ice cream was sold in twenty-three states.
The aftermath of the most likely listeria contaminated ice cream, is that it will be taken off the market until it is completely safe. No one will be buying Blue Bell ice cream until then.