Support Newsletter 2013-2014 #4
An update on the educational support within the ESH
Welcome to this exciting issue!
This week we have a special event occuring: the workgroup for Cooperative Learning is gathering for the first time. Exciting times ahead!
Have a good week everyone and once it arrives: Enjoy a well-deserved holiday after all the hard work you put in!
All Support-related activities this week
- Monday 15:15-16:15: After school meeting with the Dutch Nursery to integrate ParnasSys & Schatkist.
- Tuesday 13:00-15:00: Internal Support Committee (for more info, see below)
- Wednesday 13:15-15:15: Class teachers INSET ParnasSys
- Thursday 15:15-16:15: After school the Cooperative Learning Workgroup comes together for this first time!
- Friday: Not support related, but remember... it's Newsletter time!
HGW / ABA & the Group Consultations
Internal Support Committee (ISC)
If the teacher, parents & the support department are "stumped" by a child and wish to explore the situation in more depth, the Internal Support Committee is the next level of referral. Pupils discussed here have usually already been observed by our SWV employee (Lia Bekking). The ISC has the following members:
- the Support Coordinators of the ISH, ESH and HSV;
- the school doctor;
- the school social worker &
- the SWV advisor.
Together we discuss pupils in great detail and formulate a plan of action. Parents need to give permission for a child to be discussed here. During our next Group Consultations, specific children can be put forward for this.
International SEN Working Group
It is still some time away, but... on Wednesday the 26th of March, all staff are expected to attend the first collective INSET on Cooperative Learning. The training will be done by Sandra Lousberg from HCO. She will begin team-wide training in these proven structures to increase engagement and achievement!
For a quick overview on what Kagan's all about, click here: Kagan's Website. Or better yet, watch the video below!