Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 3/22/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting virtually on March 22, 2021. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved. Agenda
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report which included an enrollment update, an overview of opening doors wider for students, a recap of merging cohorts, recognition of faculty and staff, photos of classrooms and COVID protocols, and a look at referendum progress. COVID activity levels were also reviewed. In addition, the 2021-2022 Tentative School District Budget was presented. The full report is linked here.
- Mrs. Braynor shared a report on 2020-2021 HIB Programs and Trainings and Mr. Bland held a public hearing on 2020-2021 Incidents of Violence, Vandalism, Substance Use. Their report is linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
Policy & Regulation Update
The following new policy was presented for a 1st reading:
- P 0164.6 - Remote Public Board Meetings During A Declared Emergency (M)
The following revised policies and regulations were adopted:
- P 2415 - Every Student Succeeds Act (M)
- P 2415.20 - Every Student Succeeds Act Complaints (M)
- R 2415.20 - Every Student Succeeds Act Complaints (M)
- P 2431 - Athletic Competition (M)
- R 2431.1 - Emergency Procedures for Sports & Other Athletic Activity (M)
- P 5330.01 - Administration of Medical Cannabis (M)
- R 5330.01 - Administration of Medical Cannabis (M)
- P 8330 - Student Records (M)
- P 2415.01 - Academic Standards, Academic Assessments, and Accountability (M)
- P 2415.03 - Highly Qualified Teachers (M)
Board policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - April 15, 2021
- The Board will meet again on Thursday, April 15, 2021.
- To view the 2021 Board Schedule, click here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity