7 Ways to break the winter blues!
Monday Memo, February 16, 2016
Winter Blues Buster #1- Waking up
Dates to Note:
- Golf Practice for 1st half of team 4-5:30 pm @ Cobblestone
- MS visits from 6th years continues
- UE visits from 3rd years begins
- LE visits from Kindergartners begins
- Golf Practice for 2nd half of team 4-5:30 pm @ Cobblestone
- Cross-Stitching club 3:30-4:30 @ Red Barn
- LE visits from Kindergartners continue
- SteAm Club 3:30-4:30 pm @ Art Center
- Kindergartners, 3rd years, 6th years continue moving up visits
Saturday, February 20:
- Last day to order March lunches
The Importance of Disaster Prevention....
- Assess Safety issues first
- Notify the Head of the School and 911, if necessary
- seal off high-risk area(s)
- Take charge of the area(s) until the incident is contained or relieved by the Head of the School, a member of the Crisis Response Team, or law enforcement.
- Preserve evidence, Keep detailed notes of incident.
- Refer media to the Head of the School.
Winter Blues Buster #3 - artificial light
Small Fry Banter....
Some children were noticing the birds on a bird feeder. The specialist says, "Look kids there is a cardinal." The student says, "I love caramels!". Vic House
Winter Blues Buster #4 - Exercise
A Second with Sarah......
We had a lot of positive feedback about the new online PT Conference scheduling, therefore, we will be using the same system for the upcoming conferences in March. You will be able to go in to your account effective Wednesday, February 17th to make changes to the preferences and/or to block off times for breaks in your schedule. The scheduling will be open to parents effective Friday, February 19th with an announcement in the Community Memo.
- As a reminder, you will go to: www.myconferencetime.com/oakfarmschool.
- To log in go to the Staff Login tab and type in your username and password that is specific to you.
You may then view your schedule and make adjustments as needed.
Teachers with Oak Farm students: please be sure to schedule your own PT Conference for your own child(ren) as soon as possible to ensure your space. Also remember to block off those times in your own classroom if applicable.
If you need a tutorial or have any questions, please contact Sarah S-C!
Winter Blues Buster #5 - be careful of your cravings
Winter Blues Buster #6 - vitamins
A New Segment...
Sitting Spot Word of the Week...
"A sick chameleon will stay pale because it doesn’t have the energy to change color … that’s when they are very vulnerable and can get attacked. More evidence that not being adaptable could cost you dearly!", Martha Duesterhoft
Winter Blues Buster #7 - Graditute
"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings."
William Art Ward