Las Positas Updates
3/11/22 Volume 1 (29)
As I mentioned last week, you are the most important person in your child's life, and your child needs you to be interested and involved in their education. The following tips will help ensure that they have a successful experience at school.
- Insist on daily attendance. Unless your child is ill, he/she needs to be in school.
- Make sure your child has the recommended school supplies. If you have questions, talk to your teacher.
- Talk to your child about what's happening at school. Show interest in what your child is learning, and in their academic progress.
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep. Our children should get 9 -11 hours of sleep every night.
- Monitor homework. Have a set time for homework, remove all distractions that is possible, and monitor your child's homework grade.
- Be supportive. Be available to help, praise extra effort, and celebrate achievements.
Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon
As you have heard, COVID guideline update will go into effect starting Monday, March 14th.
In case you missed it, here is some info that was shared:
Please see the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) guidance for K-12 schools to review the most recent changes.
What changes will you see on our school campuses starting Monday:
Beginning Monday, March 14, face coverings will become strongly recommended, but not mandatory for staff, students and visitors on school campuses and school events. Masking will be a choice for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
Changes to the previous modified quarantine procedures now allow students exposed to someone with COVID-19 to participate in both school and extracurricular activities. Masking is not required for exposed students, but is strongly recommended by CDPH.
What will not change?
We will still be utilizing the group tracing approach, meaning schools will continue to notify families of students who spent at least 15 minutes within a 24-hour time period in a shared indoor airspace with someone who had COVID-19.
The Cal/OSHA ETS states that employees can still request face coverings from the employer at no cost to the employee and can wear them at work, regardless of vaccination status, without fear of retaliation.
The CDPH continues to require weekly COVID-19 testing of all unvaccinated employees and volunteers.
As always we ask that you continue to be respectful of individual choices and treat each other with respect and kindness.
Open Minded Students Grown at Las Positas
Student explains how she determined the missing angle
Creating to Visualize 3D Figures
Students excitedly show off their creation
Small Group Instruction
Teacher provides differentiated instruction
Wednesdays Are Always Early Release
TK/K parents, if you walk up to pick up your child, please line up orderly along the paw prints. Do not block the gates where the students exit.
PTA Opportunity- Make a Difference for Our School
Every Friday is Spirit Gear: Wear Las Positas Gear or colors
- 3/14- PTA meeting
- 3/17- St. Patrick's Day- wear green or if you earned pajama day thru the Read-a-thon, wear PJs.
- 3/21-3/25 - Spring Break
- 3/30 - Coffee w/the Principal @ 8:30 on zoom
- 4/7/22 - SSC Meeting #4 @ 8:30