November @ Springfield
We are Springfield. That means something.
Spotlight on November
November Dates to Remember
November 7 - Election Day
November 9 & 10 - School Closed / NJEA Convention
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 14 - H&S Meeting
November 16 - Board of Education Meeting
November 17 - Therapy Dog Visitation
November 21 - Thanksgiving Feast & Entertainment Assembly
November 22 - Early Dismissal
November 23 - Thanksgiving
November 24 - School Closed
November 28 - School Picture Retake Day
We're excited to announce that our traditional Thanksgiving Entertainment assembly will take place on Tuesday, November 21st! This year's assembly will take place in the afternoon, with the show kicking off at 2:00 PM in our gymnasium. Family members are invited to attend this lively performance of songs and dances (including the always popular Turkey Tango) from our K-4 students (with our 6th graders providing introductions and some Thanksgiving humor!). For those attending, please note that overflow parking for the event will be available in the Municipal Building lot across the street from the school.
Fun Friday Themes
- November 3rd - Silly Shirt Day
- November 17th - School Spirit Day
Picture Retake Day - November 28th
Substitute Teachers & Instructional Assistants Needed
Looking for a great opportunity to be a part of the best elementary school around? If so, we'd love to have you on our team as a substitute teacher or instructional assistant. To make this opportunity even better, the school district is now providing reimbursement for all costs associated with the substitute application process! After three days of service to the school, substitutes will be provided full reimbursement for costs associated with the criminal history background check (fingerprinting) and all application fees required by the state. Becoming a substitute for Springfield Elementary has never been easier!
Interested? Applying is as easy as sending an email to Miss Brielle Neroda (firstname.lastname@example.org), meeting with the Superintendent for a brief interview, and getting approved by the Board of Education. We'll walk you through the state application process and assist with scheduling your required fingerprinting. Substituting is a great way to help our school support a strong education for our amazing students!
Substitute instructional assistants must have a high school diploma; substitute teachers must have a high school diploma and a minimum of 60 semester-hour credits at a nationally accredited college or university OR completion of 30 semester-hour credits if enrolled in a nationally accredited college or university at the time of application.
Don't delay....join our team today!
Special Education Parent Advisory Group
Springfield REC Basketball
- Basketball registration is open for grades 1-6 (through November 3rd). Create an account or sign into your existing account to register. You cannot register in the Team Sideline app.
- REC is in need of a volunteer to run their Kindergarten program. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in running the Kindergarten basketball program. Commitment for Kindergarten Basketball is one hour a week for 8 weeks.
- Sponsors are needed for basketball. Click here for the sponsorship letter or sign into the website to pay online to sponsor.
- Practices will start in early December. Games will begin in early January for grades 1-6. Assessments will be held as needed in November.
Health Tips & Updates
Student Drop-Off UPDATE
As a reminder for those families dropping off students in the morning, the drop-off window is 8:30 - 8:40 AM. If it is past 8:40, you must park and escort your child to the Main Office (for everyone's safety, students should not be let out of vehicles at the end of the bus loop).
Birthday Treats - PLEASE USE UPDATED FORM
Student Birthday Celebrations
- Birthday treats can be purchased directly from our cafeteria using the order form attached to this newsletter. To ensure the cafeteria has ample supply of the treats you'd like to order, we ask that the form is submitted at least two weeks prior to when you'd like the treats to be given out.
- You may send in treats for your child; however, ONLY prepackaged and sealed products are permitted. Due to a number of food allergies throughout the student population, we can only allow prepackaged and sealed products so that the ingredients list can be reviewed by our school nurse prior to any treats being given out. DO NOT send in any homemade items or loose items such as doughnuts or soft pretzels.
- Whether purchased from the cafeteria or sent in as a prepackaged & sealed product, all birthday treats will be given out during the student lunch periods.
Before & After School Care Available
EDC payments are only accepted via the online registration and payment portal
(do not send cash or checks with your child).
If you are in need of our EDC program for a drop-in morning and/or afternoon,
please click here to register and pay.
EDC registration and payment through the online portal is fast & easy!