AFA Fall Collaborative Showcase: A Walk of Art
Thursday, Nov. 21st, 6-8:45pm
Frederick, MD, USA
- Brewer's Alley Banquet Room
- Delaplaine Arts Center
- 20 W. 2nd Street
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- Serendipity Market
AFA students are expected to report to their locations at 3:00 for setup and rehearsal. Dinner is provided.
Recommended donation is $5. Flex pass holders do not need to pay.
To make your donation ahead of time, please visit: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/34737
This is a mandatory showcase for AFA students and will count as a performance grade. Any absence must be approved in advance by the instructor.
For more details, visit: https://downtownfrederick.org/event-pro/a-walk-of-art/
Next Shadow Day is Wed Dec 18th
For this Shadow Day, each student that registers is being asked who referred them to the AFA. The focus area who brings in the most students on Dec 18th will receive donuts...for free!
Please think about who would enjoy the AFA experience and encourage them to register for a shadow day at www.fcpsartsacademy.org.
Silent Auction Results
Special thanks to all who donated items and time to make this event happen. Very special thanks to Kelly Scholz who donated countless hours organizing the event and preparing everything.
If you won an item, it can be picked up at TJ High through Mr. Kurtz. Just let him know when you are coming ahead of time.
Care Package Donations Needed
If you are interested in sending things in, please have them in by the end of next week.
Items that would be helpful are:
- Non-perishable food (Raman noodles, popcorn...etc)
- Small gift cards (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts...etc)
- Desk supplies like pencils, highlighters, sticky notes, pens...etc)
- Stress ball or fidget spinner
- Empty Shoe boxes for packing
We will also be writing notes and putting and AFA car magnet in each box. Thanks for your support as we continue to reach our former students!
AFA Theatre Presents the Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
To purchase, please visit www.ShowTix4U.com/events/tjhs. All seats are $5 and AFA flex passes count towards this event.
Show dates are Friday January 10th and Saturday January 11th. Both shows begin at 7 and run 90 minutes with a 10 minute intermission.
Thurs November 21st
- AFA Fall Collaborative Showcase in Downtown Frederick. 6-8:45pm.
Monday and Tuesday November 25th and 26th
- AFA goes on tour during the day.
Thursday December 5th
- AFA Jazz Combo performs with FCC Jazz Band
Fri December 6th
- AFA Theatre Elementary performance of the Celebrated Jumping Frog
Wednesday December 18th
- Shadow Day...Invite a Friend