Week of January 11
- Everyone who provided feedback by completing the District Climate Survey; climate and culture of the workplace supports its effectiveness. Your feedback does matter!
- Ms. Walker and Ms. Silva for their leadership and support in setting up the testing logistics for a successful testing environment.
- Ms. Apena and Mr. Howell for their leadership and performance during the mid year review meeting. They continue to support the work that you do and represent Dorsey in a Super Fantastic way
- Ms. Maria, Ms. Carmen and Mr. Dear for ensuring our building was clean ready for students, staff and parents.
FALL ACP Results
We had many celebrations throughout the campus. You have worked really hard this year and continue to do so. We outperformed the district and/or the feeder pattern in 30 out of 40 tests. Our results are a great starting point as we continue to "Go to the Moon." Let's build our own Wildcat rocket!!
STAAR Intervention Academies
Deadline set for employees to acknowledge notification of district policies- JANUARY 31
Human Capital Management reminds all employees to log on to DISD Employee Self-Service in Oracle and click on the DISD Annual Policy Acknowledgment to read and electronically complete the following:
- The Annual Notification of District Policies
- 2015-16 Employee Handbook
Go here to download step-by-step directions for completing the acknowledgement. Upon completion, a confirmation of acknowledgment will be sent to your district e-mail. The Annual Employee Notification of District Policies contains several policies that all district employees are required to read, adhere to, and acknowledge annually. All district employees are expected to complete this acknowledgement no later than Jan 31.
Ms. Rangel would like to recognize her students for their continue growth on Achieve 3000. As of December 14: 4A is 20 points away from 10,000 points and 4B is at 13,000. Students lexile levels are increasing weekly. Congratulation and keep it up!!!
If you would like to share great things that are happening in your classroom, please send me the information (and pics if you have any) not later than Thursday for the next weeks newsletter. We like to know what is occurring throughout our campus.
STEM DAY NEEDS YOU!!
Week at a glance:
This week announcements: 1D
Pre K and Kinder day of planning
Professional Development (Library)
Girl Scouts meeting 3:30-4:30 (Auditorium)
1st grade day of planning
Parent Coffee 8:30 (Cafeteria)
Tutoring K-2 (3:15-4:00)
STAAR Tutoring 3-5 (3:15-4:30)
PTA 5:30 (3rd grade performs)
2nd grade day of planning
Destination Imagination Field Trip (Rangel)
Poetry Workshop 5th grade 2:00-2:55 (Library)
TAG Parent Conference 4:00-6:00pm (Auditorium)
3rd grade day of planning
HIPPY 8:00-10:00 (Cafeteria)
Parent Conference 4:00-7:30pm (dinner will be provided)
4th grade day of planning
Girl Scouts 3:30-4:30
STAAR Saturday School 8:45am - 12:15pm
**Clubs will begin January 27**