Camp TechTerra Bulletin
Coding, Robotics, STEM, MakerEd
Star Wars, Force and Motion
Make Droids and Star Wars themed stop motion animation short clips. “The Force” at work with forces of nature science!
Ages 5 to 14 -- 6/13/16-6/17/16 -- 9:00am-3:00pm -- EK Powe Elementary
Farm to Table with Tech
Explore creatures in the garden with hands-on tech exploring, enjoy chemistry in action!
Ages 5 to 14 -- 6/20/16-6/24/16 -- 9:00am-3:00pm -- EK Powe Elementary
Mini Beasts, Imagine That!
Hands-on designing, building and computer programming with bugs and other beasts!
Ages 5 to 14 -- 7/5/16-7/8/16 -- 8:30am-3:30pm -- Pinewoods Montessori
About Camp TechTerra
The TechTerra curriculum, inspired by Maker Education and Project Based Learning, was developed by Susan Wells, a national leader in mobile-integrated STEM education and veteran public school educator.
Camp TechTerra offers opportunities for campers to:
- Learn to Code, using web-based and app-based programs including Lightbot, Tynker, Scratch, Cargobot, and Hopscotch
- Program robotics, learning to simulate, estimate and model
- Learn to take photographs and videos, using iPads and tablets, and create iMovies
- Produce original creations with 3D Printing
- Research gardens and campus space through hands-on exploring outdoors
- Explore students' world through inquiry-based science, including physics, ecology, microbiology, and chemistry
- Discover and use augmented reality apps
- Work in the Make it-Take it Station, designing and creating
- Imagine, create and explore in the Art Station