4th Grade GT is Burying & Digging Up Artifacts
This is a super fun and cool project, but we are working with a tight schedule because of testing and weather usually interferes. The dates could change and we might be lucky if we get it all in by the last day!
Here are the rules & needs:
- 2 student made Artifacts (these are made at home & brought to school) are due to GT on May 9th. We will begin working on this project in GT on May 1st.
- We need to borrow shovels, trowels and garden gloves. Students MAY NOT bring these to class (safety). PARENTS may drop these by the GT classroom, labeled with their name and put into the closet between the GT & Music Room. These items will be returned after the Dig. I only have 1 shovel and few trowels so without parent help, we will not have the right tools for the job.
- On the day of the Artifact Burial (5/17) I need a parent volunteer to help with class during GT.
- On the day of the Artifact Burial (5/17) and the Archeology Dig (5/21) students will not be allowed to participate if they do not have on closed toe shoes.
- It is advised that students wear clothes that can get dirty on both the burial and dig day. Many years it has been extremely muddy for one or both events. Students may want to bring a change of clothes and shoes. The weather will determine a lot of the needs. Watch the weather and plan accordingly.
- I would also recommend having a water bottle. However, since our class is first thing in the morning it hopefully will not be terribly hot.
- If it is lightening or heavily raining on the day of the burial or dig, we will reschedule the event. If it is lightly raining, we will most likely continue as planned.
- Parents are invited to either or both of the events. This is really a fun project to watch and help is always appreciated.
4th Grade GT Archeology Bury
Thursday, May 17th, 8am
3301 Pinnacle Road
Each group will have 20 min to bury their artifacts in the ground of our archeology site. One group will stay in the classroom and one group will go out to the site, then we will switch.