Lago Vista Middle School
Monday, November 16th -- Basketball vs. Jarrell (Girls Away / Boys Home)
Monday, November 16th -- Grades are due by 4:00
Tuesday, November 17th -- PSAT
Thursday, November 19th -- Fire Drill
Thursday, November 19th -- 6th & 8th grade Thanksgiving Parent luncheon
Friday, November 20th -- 5th & 7th grade Thanksgiving Parent luncheon
Friday, November 20th -- Canned Food Drive Finishes
Monday, November 23rd -- Basketball vs. Florence (Girls Away / Boys Home)
Tuesday, November 24th -- PTO Luncheon
Wednesday, November 25th-27th -- Thanksgiving Break
Monday, December 7th -- Basketball vs. Ingram (Girls Home / Boys Away)
Reminder -- Grades are due TODAY by 4:00!!!
This week's attendance rate...
Our LVMS campus goal is to reach 98%!!
This week's attendance rate = 96% (please see the reminders below from Nurse Carmichael)
Teacher attendance rate last week = 95%
Thanksgiving Lunches this Thursday and Friday...
Allergies, Colds & Flu Season Reminders
- Check with your doctor about the flu shot (or nasal spray form)
- Germs live in noses and mouths. Avoid touching them without a tissue
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
- Don’t share any drinks or food
- Don’t eat lots of sweets (sodas, desserts, candy.) They put your immune system to sleep!
- Wash your hands often… good washing takes about 15 seconds (hum the birthday song)
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies to build a germ fighting immune system.
- Get plenty of rest - our bodies heal themselves when we sleep
- There is medicine for the flu if you see your doctor within 48 hours of the start of symptom (high fever, headache, dry cough, muscle aches, fatigue.)
- Treat the aches and fever with Tylenol/Acetaminophen
- Never use Aspirin for children under 18 (because of the risk of Reyes Syndrome)
- Drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration and speed recovery
- Prevent spreading : Stay home from work or school until your temperature is below 100 degrees for 24 hours (without using medicine to lower it! )
Let’s all have the healthiest season ever!
Please be visible during passing periods!!
Letters to our troops...
Mrs. Thailing's Tech 1 students just finished a lesson on writing letters, so her class decided to send typed letters to the military honoring our veterans. She mailed these letters out to Help Our Military Endure, a non-profit organization that sends care packages to the United States military men and women serving in far off countries (mainly Iraq & Afghanistan).
A little humor for you on a Monday....
Be sure that you are entering your discipline referrals into TxEIS
Fire Drill this Thursday...
Our character trait for November is Giving. We will be doing a district-wide “Superintendent’s Harvest Challenge” food drive. All of the collected food items will be donated to the LVISD food pantry and will be distributed to local families during the holiday season and throughout the year. The Student Council is sponsoring a competition to support the district food drive.
The 8th grade PSAT exam has been rescheduled for November 17. Students will be testing from approximately 8:30 to 11:15. Band members will not go to the high school on Tuesday for marching band. They will come directly to LVMS!!!
The Junior League of Austin will be sponsoring their 2015 Coats for Kids event. The coats are collected and then distributed to eligible children. For more information, please pick up a flyer in our front office.
We have another student to recognize for the academic achievement on the honor roll for the first nine weeks. Congrats to IVAN MCCORMICK for the ALL A HONOR ROLL!!!!! We apologize for the omission last week.