SAGUARO CACTUS (Carnegiea gigantea)
"The Tree of the Desert"
It a Moncot, Grows in the Desert area of Arizona and Mexico
1) It's a Perinnal caan live 150 to 200 years
2) Needs mimal water, can store up to 200 gallons inside the plant
3) It can have up to 25 arms and the roots are only a few inches below the ground
4) they range 40-60 foot in heights (tallest at 74 feet)
5) Can weigh more than a ton
6) Smaller ones can double in size with one rainfall
LIGHT REQUIREMENTS AND PLANT FERTILIZATION
The Saguaro needs full Sunlight.
The Saguaro can only be fertilized by cross polination. Its has a very sweet nector and bright colored flower that attracts birds and bats for the polination. It blooms from May to June, The blooms happen at night to mid-day the flowers only bloom once.