Come Visit Chile!
(Not Your Average Bowl of Chili)
Location Location Location!
Don't Understand the Customs?
- Chileans marry young (early or mid 20s)
- The nuclear family is dominant in Chilean culture
- People are free to marry whomever they want, arranged marriages aren't traditional
- When the father of a family passes away, the wife is granted half of the estate
- Family is very important, everyone sticks together and looks out for each other
- Women are expected to do the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the children
- Chileans believe in hard work
- Abortion is illegal
- Don't take photographs of Native American people
A Deeper Look into the Culture
Sources (Izzy Rasmussen)
Central Intelligence Agency. Central Intelligence Agency, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Chilean Culture." Reach to Teach. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Chile Travel Tips – DOs and DONTs." : Travel Taboo Guide – Dos and Donts. N.p.,
n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Countries and Their Cultures." Culture of Chile. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.