April 8, 2016 Volume 6.31
Dear ROCK STAFF,
I hope you enjoy this quote from Megan Gist, principal at Cain Middle School, as much as I did when I read it this week. I hope it will encourage and motivate you in as you work with our ROCK Stars. "Kids deserve high fives, patience, compassionate, enthusiastic adults, smiles, second chances, loads of encouragement, fresh starts, and a safe environment to make mistakes, grow, and the opportunity to discover exactly why they are here."
Tomorrow is the RISD Job Fair from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon at Rockwall High School. Please tell any of your friends who you think would be good to work in our program in the future to come speak Jeanette and me at the Job Fair.
Pay Roll Cut off is today. Please get your pay request form turned in ASAP if you haven't done so already.
All Staff need to fill out a Staff Retention Form so we can begin planning for next year. The Site Coordinators will have these available for you.
If anyone is interested in being a cafeteria/playground monitor, in addition to working for ROCK, please contact Karen for more information.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Super Saturday training next Saturday. This event will be lots of fun and will also encourage you to be an even better ROCK staff member.
- Kathy Moore, Site Coordinator at Nebbie, had knee replacement surgery recently. If you would like to participate in providing some much-appreciated meals while she recuperates, please contact Dixie on her cell @214-771-6228.
Site Coordinator Reminders:
- Please send Tracey and me photos of your Spring Service project along with the details so I can brag on you in the newsletter.
- Don't forget to do your monthly fire drills. Also, if you have not done your once a semester tornado and lock down drill, please do so and document on the posted form.
Save the Dates:
- All ROCK Staff are highly encouraged to attend our Super Saturday training event on Saturday, April 16 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by Cricket Events. Lunch will be provided. This will be a fun, hands-on, paid training to help you be an even more successful ROCK staff member. All Summer Staff workers must attend. Please bring your driver license and social security card as we need to make new copies for this summer. Please RSVP to Jeanette.
- Straight 8 training will be held in Allen ISD on Saturday, May 21st. Time: TBA. Carpools and lunch will be provided. This training is required for all NEW Summer staffers as well as any returning staff who need the training hours. All returning summer staff must have 15 training hours. This is also a paid training event.
- ROCK End of the Year Staff Party "Beach Bash: will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Central Office. Catered dinner and bingo with prizes will be on the agenda. Wear your favorite "beachy" attire (no swimsuits, please!!)
Photos this week:
- Randi Lanning, Stevenson ROCK Teacher, taught the ROCKers a fun lesson about weather and math. Looks like fun!
You guys, ROCK!
April 8: Pay roll Cut Off
April 9: Job Fair
April 16: Super Saturday Training 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
May 3: ROCK STAFF End of the Year party 7:00 p.m.
May 6: Pay roll Cut Off
May 21: Straight 8 Summer Training
May 26 and 27: Probable school holidays/ ROCK PLUS
May 30: Memorial Day, School and ROCK Holiday
June 3: Last day of School and ROCK
June 6: Mandatory Summer Staff Orientation
June 7: First day of I Spy Summer ROCK
Karen Hunter, ROCK Coordinator - 469-698-7140
Tracey King, Program Assistant - 469-698-7141
Leslie Kropp, Financial Secretary -469-698-7032
Jeanette Murrell, Lead Site Coordinator - 469-698-7035