Staff Weekly Update
For the Week of January 19th, 2015
One Second Every Day
The Question Game: A Playful Way to Teach Critical Thinking
Great ideas in this 5 minute video clip on how to manage transitions coupled with content integration!
K-2 Resources from IDOE! IT'S GOOD STUFF!
- Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2 Electronic Resources for English/Language Arts IAS 2014
Calendar Items & Reminders
- Enjoy this day off in honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 8:00 - Meeting - Grade Level/Teams
- 8:00 - 9:30 - ACR - Largent, Cox, Watson, Brizzolara - conference room
- 9:30 - Meeting - Elementary Principals - Largent - BME (*Martha will stay at SGE to assist with NWEA). Thank you, Martha!
- 4:00 - ACR - Largent, Watson, McDaniel - conference room
- 8:30 - Meeting - Largent, Farley, Torrence, Proctor - conference room
- 4:00 - Meeting - ZCS Autism Collaboration - ESC Board Room
- 8:00 - RtI for 3rd/4th grades - conference room
- 8:00 - ACR - Largent, Cox, Andries, Munz, Fure, Pittman - conference room
- 11:30 - 1:30 - 1st-4th grade lunch groups - Cox Cafe
- 12:30 - Lunch Meeting - Largent & Ruckman girls - conference room
ZTEP: Mid-Year Conferences and Script *Change*
Teachers, as you are all aware, we would like to hold mid-year conferences in these next few weeks. Soon you will be getting an email from Martha or me with details. The meeting should take no more than 30 minutes!
There will be 3 areas of focus for our meeting, or the "big rocks" as Jenny Froehle mentioned in a previous email, and two more additional items:
- #1 - Quality assessments of our students (formative and summative)
- #2 - Instructional best practices from our rubric
- #3 - Use of digital tools to engage learners
- Our two more additional items . . . Any questions you may have for Connie/Martha and the Canvas audit from Patti Bostwick
Also, I want to ensure you all know about the SCRIPT *CHANGE*! What does this mean? After observations are done, you are always sent the script of what the evaluator has transcribed into SFS. Hopefully, you all read this script! :)
This semester, when your script gets sent to you, you will notice a slightly different form. A few additional fields have been added underneath the script box so the observer can take notes on assessment related items to your lesson observed. This helps the observer and the teacher to keep "assessment" on the forefront - whether it be in your lesson or during our discussion!