Below is a list of websites and agencies/associations that can be referenced to gain more knowledge and an understanding of Apert Syndrome. These resources would be helpful for the family, caregiver(s), teachers, and clinicians working with a child with this disorder.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- FACES: The National Craniofacial Association
- Apert International, Inc.
- Children's Craniofacial Association -- www.ccakids.com
- Seattle Children's Hospital - http://www.seattlechildrens.org/medical-conditions/chromosomal-genetic-conditions/apert-syndrome/
Resources for Family/Caregiver
- Children with Facial Difference: A Parent's Guide (link below). This is a guide for parents that provides detailed information regarding a child with facial differences and their self-esteem. It provides suggestions that can be used to help build a child's self-esteem and self-esteem in school.
Resources for the SLP
- Therapy Ideas - Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers Website