Trinity Lutheran Preschool
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me..."
Early Childhood Monthly Newsletter--May 2015
Smiling after our awesome job of WALKING for JDRF! Preschool, Kindergarten and Third grade walked together for the many people suffering with Juvenile Diabetes.
May's Seedlings Focus..."I can tell the truth."
- "I" - If you want to be treated in an honest way, the children will learn that truth and honesty must start with "you."
- "can tell."- When we lie, we have consequences. The children will learn that there is a difference between tattling and telling the truth.
- "the truth."- The children will learn about lies and stretching the truth.
Learning about Jesus during the month of May....
- Building Blocks monthly theme is: Flowers and Mother's/Father's Day. The children will learn how God cares for the birds and flowers, We will focus on a growing, blooming faith. We will learn about Timothy, Lydia and other Bible Heroes that have had their faith grow through God's Word.
- Pre-Kindergarten classes have the monthly theme of "We share the LOVE of Jesus." We will be studying various stories about people sharing the gospel of Jesus with others from the Bible (the book of Acts).
Learning Concepts in Preschool and PreK...
- Building Blocks/Preschool: The letters Y, Z, the number 10, the diamond shape, and the nursery rhyme-One, Two, Buckle My Shoe. We will also be learing about animals that live on the farm and at the zoo. This month we will be reviewing many different concepts that we have worked on this year, too.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The reviewing of the letters W,X,Y,Z. The numbers 19,20 and the literacy/book themes of zoo and ocean animals. The children are also working on a booklet this month entitled, "This I Know"...a review of the many concepts that we have learned in school this year.
Mrs. Galiher's PreK class learning about gardening!
A Few Upcoming Events in PRESCHOOL for May...
- Thursday, May 7- Building Block friends celebrate Mother's Day in their classrooms at 8:00 a.m. This will include Mrs. Freshour's TTH class and Mrs. Denton's/Mrs. Mielke's class. A fun program of singing and making a craft with our moms will happen on this morning.
- Friday, May 15- Pre-Kindergarten students enjoy a field trip to the zoo. More information will come home soon.
- Thursday, May 21- Building Blocks Preschool enjoy a field trip to Cobus Creek Park for lunch.
- Wednesdsay, May 27- Pre-Kindergarten students and families will celebrate a Preschool Blessing Chapel at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday/Friday-May 28/29- Last Days of Preschool this year.
MOPS coming to Trinity in the fall of 2015...
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers I mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. MOPS will meet monthly and I need to create a LEADERSHIP TEAM that would like to help with the planning of these meetings. Please email me, call me, or stop me in the hallway to talk to me about you helping us kick-off a MOPS group here at Trinity.