LVCS Yard Supervisor Memo
April 11th - 15th
LVCS Mission Statement
LOCKDOWN –In the case of a lockdown, lock the door, close the blinds, students should get under their desks\ facing away from the windows. Teachers should log into their LVCS email accounts for further directions.
4/11 Council 6:30PM
4/12 Dragon Assembly 8:30AM (TK - 5)
4/12 Wear red, white & blue in celebration of the 5th graders assembly.
4/15 Student Birthday Celebration K 11:45AM, 1-8 2:30PM
4/15 Skate for your school fundraiser 6p.m.-9 p.m.
School Council Draft Agenda
1. Call to Order/Quorum
2. Approve Minutes from 3/22/16 Meeting
3. Public Comments: (5 minutes)
Comments from the public are encouraged regarding items not on the agenda. To allow the most comments possible, speakers will be limited to five (5) minutes. Each speaker may only speak once. Please note that the Council is not allowed under the law to take action on matters that are not on the agenda.
4. Discussion & Action Item: Notice of Violation Response to LVJUSD-
5. Discussion & Action Item: Process for Public Comment on Agenda items -
6. Discussion Item: Bylaws Governing LVCS School Council -http://www.trivalleylearning.org/CorpDocs/Corporate%20Documents/TVLC%20Amended%20Bylaws.pdf
7. Discussion & Action Item: School Council Meeting Calendar –
8. Discussion & Action Item: School Council Member Recruitment Plan –
9. Discussion Item: TVLC lease agreement. TVLC Resolution 2014-0609.
10. Discussion & Action Item: LVCS/LVCP Joint School Council Meeting -
11. CEO Job Description Committee Update -
12. Discussion Item: New Jerusalem Notice of Violation
13. Discussion Item: TVLC Update-
14. Council Member Comments/Correspondence
ARE YOUR EMERGENCY PROCEDURES INCLUDING EPI PEN DIRECTIONS, YARD DUTY & OTHER MEDICAL DIRECTIONS IN YOUR SUB PLANS? If not, please do not delay – do this immediately.
CLASSROOM EMERGENCY KITS: You should have a clip board with multiple copies of your roster for all of your classes and a pen/pencil. You should also have a large cylinder in your room that has emergency provisions, first aid and a bright colored vest. PLEASE MOVE THESE LARGE EMERGENCY KITS NEXT TO YOUR DOOR. In the case of an emergency, they need to be easily accessible.
Fire/Evacuation Drills: Please put multiple copies of your class roster and a pen in your emergency kit. In the event of a drill or emergency, please evacuate your class. PUT YOUR BRIGHT COLORED VEST ON WHILE EXITING (it is located inside your emergency kit) Students should evacuate silently LEAVING DOORS UNLOCKED and line up (see map).YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY YOUR LARGE EMERGENCY CYLINDER OUT DURING A DRILL! YOU DO NEED TO TAKE THE VEST OUT AND WEAR IT.
Teacher should then take attendance, Teacher will then hold up:
Fist: ALL HERE (if a child was marked absent that morning, and you have the other 19, you still hold up a fist)
1 Finger: A child is missing because they went to the restroom or speech etc.
2 Fingers: A child is missing and you do not know where they are.
Earthquake Drills: Lights off, blinds closed, doors closed, students under desk in kneeling position heads down. Hands over neck, face down. Teachers either under their desk or in doorway. Only evacuate if directed to by main office.
SHELTER IN PLACE: If inside:
1. Keep students in classrooms pending further instructions.
2. Secure and lock all doors
3. Close all windows and close shades
4. Account for all students – call the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
5. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
6. Students should take their seats and lessons can continue.
7. Passing periods and lunch should be disregarded until SHELTER IN PLACE has concluded.
1. Move indoors
SHELTER IN PLACE DURING MORNING DROP OFF : The procedures will be the same as above AND WE WILL:
1. WE WILL LOCK THE TOP VALET GATE.
2. WE WILL DIRECT ALL CARS CURRENTLY IN THE VALET LANE TO CONTINUE DRIVING OFF CAMPUS AND WAIT FOR A NTI MESSAGE COMMUNICATING THE ALL CLEAR
LOCKDOWN: If inside:
1. Secure and lock all doors
2. Students should be silent.
3. Students should hide, limit visibility from doors and windows.
4. Close all windows and close shades
5. Account for all students – email the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
6. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
7. Log in to your emails.
1. Move indoors
2. Secure and lock all doors
3. Students should be silent.
4. Students should hide, limit visibility from doors and windows.
5. Close all windows and close shades
6. Account for all students – email the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
7. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
8. Log in to your emails.
Jenna G. - :)
Asa - Disney Meeting
Kenn - Dragon Assemblies
Mirna, Jenna G, Jenna L, Vicki & Anna - Malakoff Parent Night
Dayana, Jennifer H, Michelle, Melissa, Juliana, Kristi, Beth, Mirna & Christy - Writing Committee - Thank you for all of your hard work
Dragon Zone - Thank you for being so collaborative and helpful with behavior shaping
Save the Dates
4/18 GLL 3:00PM Blg 11
4/18-22 Malakoff Diggins Trip
4/22 Early Release
4/30-5/3 Disneyland Music Trip
4/27 MS Leadership Assembly 2PM
Spring Music Concert
5/10 -5/20 - MS CAASPP Testing Window
5/13 Bocce tournament
Music concert for Elementary grades
5/13 Student Birthday Celebration K 11:45AM, 1-8 2:30PM
Spirit Day -
5/17-18 Spring Musical
5/20 School Performance of the musical 8:15 (K, 5th - 8th) 12:45 (1 - 4)
5/22 Junior Olympics
5/24 Spring Music Concert
5/24 SHORT STAFF MEETING 3:15-4:15PM
5/25 Open House/Science Expo
5/25 Dragon Assembly 8:30AM (TK - 5)
5/31 LVCP Theatrical Presentation 1:15PM
6/2 Dragon Assembly 8;30AM (TK - 5)
6/2 Perfect Attendance ALL YEAR celebration
6/8 Volunteer Tea
6/10 June & July Student Birthday Celebration K 11:45AM, 1-8 2:30PM
6/14 – 8th Grade vs. Staff Dodge Ball Game
6/15 - Promotion 5pm
6/16 - Kinder Celebration 10AM
6/16 - Last Day of School – Early Release