May 13, 2019 Newsletter
Upchurch Elementary School
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Wednesday Only - 8:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Principal: Susan Anglemyer
Secretary: Diane Barron
Millard School Board Members: Dave Anderson, Mike Kennedy, Amanda McGill Johnson, Stacy Jolley, Mike Pate, Linda Poole
School Improvement Team: Susan Anglemyer, Brittany Wunderlich, Dawn Katafiasz, Emily Mildenberger, Traci Gunter, Kristen Abueg, Katie Kramer, Bethany Grimm, and Lesley Linn.
WE APPRECIATE OUR UPCHURCH PAYBAC PARTNERS
Vintage Financial Group
Oakview Barnes and Noble
Gitt Construction & Gitt Real Estate
Green Beans Coffee
Runza - 168th and Harrison
Walmart Neighborhood Market - 168th and Harrison
Marcos Pizza - 168th and Harrison
-------- PBiS Skill of the Week -------- -------- Lunchroom Rules--------
Be Safe: Walk at all times.
Be Responsible: Take everything you need before you sit down.
Be Safe: Stay in you seat or raise your hand for permission to get up.
Be Responsible: Eat your own food.
Be Respectful: Clean up your area when finished
Thursday, May 16th - Field Day
Friday, May 17th - Field Day Rain Date
Wednesday, May 22nd - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - All School Picnic
Monday, May 27th - No School - Memorial Day
Friday, May 31st - Last Day of School - Dismissal at 12:00 p.m.
Friday, May 31st - 11:55 a.m. 5th Grade Tunnel Walk
Click to download and view the following information about dropping off and picking up your student.
---------------- Field Day --------------- ---------- Thursday, May 16th ---------
Parents and Families of Upchurch,
I wanted to send a message regarding Field Day which is this Thursday. It is supposed to be a beautiful day, but also very warm.
1. The Field Day schedule is as follows:
- Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades: 9:00-11:30
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades: 1:00-3:30
2. Please make sure your child is wearing shoes and socks as well as protective, cool clothing to help them be at their best while being safe! It is essential that you put sunscreen on your child prior to coming to school. You are also welcome to have your child bring extra sunscreen, but they must apply it themselves. Sunscreen will not be provided by the school and cannot be shared with other students. It is preferred students do not bring spray sunscreen, unless directly applied by the parent. Items such as a baseball hat, sunglasses are allowed and a name labeled water bottle will be a must!! We will have coolers for refilling outside during the event.
3. For school lunch, students will choose from 2 sack lunch options (Ham and Cheese Sub or Cheese Sandwich) and will eat picnic style in the commons/lunch area. As always, students are welcome to bring a lunch from home. Due to spacing, we are asking families to plan on joining their child for lunch at the All School Picnic, and refrain from eating with their child inside on Field Day.
4. If you are a parent that signed up for volunteering at the morning Field Day or the afternoon Field Day, thank you very much for giving your time and supporting Upchurch! I will be emailing you directly regarding details in the coming days, however please report the fields at 8:50 rather than coming into the building!
Don't forget to purchase your yearbook by May 20th.
Yearbooks will be distributed on May 24th.
We have limited availability.
Forms are available in the office.