Sierra Family Newsletter April 16, 2021
Message from the Principal
Dear Sierra Families,
1) It's hard to believe, but we are already planning for next school year!
- RUSD recently sent an email to all currently enrolled families to confirm your enrollment for next year. Please be sure to complete that by April 30th so that we can begin the work of creating next year's classes and plan for staffing.
- Current RVC families also received an interest form to continue in that program, due next week.
2) We will soon be holding our annual meetings where we will place your child into his/her class for next year. Please understand that a great deal of time, energy and professional judgment goes into the placement of each and every student.
Factors that we consider while building “balanced” classes include the following:
• Combinations of students that create the strongest learning environment possible (for all students, not just a few)
• Close to equal number of boys and girls
• Student personality, behavior and special needs
• Individual learning styles
For these reasons, we will not be able to honor all specific requests for teachers. Knowing all of this, it would not be wise or professional of us to encourage requests and make promises that we know we cannot keep, however if you still feel you need to submit a request, please submit it in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 14. All requests received after this date will not be considered.
Your child’s current teacher, in collaboration with grade-level colleagues and school support staff, will use their professional and in-depth knowledge of your child as a learner and student to develop well-balanced classes that reflect the Sierra Learning Community.
Placements will be posted in the Aeries Parent Portal prior to the first day of school as in the past. Just as we have done the last couple of years, your child must attend their assigned class for the first 2 weeks of school. If after this time you still have concerns, we ask that you schedule a meeting with your child’s teacher. Please know that it is not our practice to make changes, although if at that point you are not comfortable with the situation, I will be happy to meet with you to hear your concerns.
Given all we know about your child as a learner and a student, please know that we will do our best to make placements for the year to come. Please trust our judgment. This being said, we understand as a parent, you have a great deal of knowledge about your child and the type of learning environment you feel they need. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we move forward together through this process.
3) Thank you all so much for your cooperation to not drop your child off before 7:40. Campus is closed before 7:40 and we do not have supervision staff available before then.
Have a wonderful weekend!
DINE AND DONATE
Mark your calendar for Dine & Donate at Wally's cafe!
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Time: 11:00 am - 8:30 pm
Place: 4800 Granite Dr. Suite B11 in Rocklin
See the flyer for details for walk-in or take-out orders. Be sure to mention Sierra Elementary PTC before placing your order by phone.
Thank you for your support!
Thank you all for your generous donations! With your help and community support, we raised $12,500.00!
There is still time to support Sierra Elementary and PICK YOUR PASSION!
So far our FUND-A-NEED has raised the following:
Alternative seating $75.00 dollars our goal is $1000.00
Outdoor learning $200.00 dollars our goal is $1500.00
Science Supplies $75.00 dollars our goal is $500.00
Teacher Training $50.00 dollars our goal is $15000.00
You can support one or more of these exciting ideas brought to the PTC by Mrs. Westberg and our amazing Sierra Elementary School teachers by going to https://www.flipcause.com/secure/reward/MTA5Mzg5 and choosing something you are passionate about.
We love our Sierra Elementary School Community! GOOOOO SHARKS!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
4/21/21 Dine & Donate at Wally's Cafe5/31/21 NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
6/1/21 - 6/3/21 Yearbooks for sale in the front office (first come, first serve)
Special Community Recycling Event!
Recycle for Charity event to support college scholarships through Rocklin Educational Excellence Foundation (REEF).
Recycle your aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
Otter Pop Party for the school with the most participation!
Saturday, April 24, 2021, from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Drop off location: Sierra College, 5100 Sierra College Blvd. & El Don Drive; parking lot.
Click here to access the flyer.
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.