Week of December 14, 2015
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgement, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and Information
- All chairs must be stacked at the end of each day. Please have students do this each day as part of the packing up process.
- Please, please choose kids off the Angel tree
- If you know of a student who would be benefit from a mentor, please turn their name into Brandi.
- Keep writing those spotlights and Good books...
- If you drink coffee, please bring in a large container and/or $10.
- Reading one million minutes has been extended, so motivate, motivate!
- Please make sure to turn your attendance in on time.
- Please join PTA...https://rasorpta.membershiptoolkit.com/
- Remember the Angel Tree children
Calendar for the month of December
- Tuesday, December 15 - Team Meetings
- Thursday, December 17 - Staff Meeting (Sorry but this won't be canceled)
- Friday, December 18 - Assembly 7:50
- Friday, December 18 - Early Release
Mandatory Training for all Staff - DUE DECEMBER 18th
Mandatory for all campus staff:
- Sexual Misconduct: Staff to Student (29 -30 Minutes)
- General Ethics in the Workplace - Texas Version (25 minutes).
- Family Reunification (20 minutes)
If employees do not receive the email from SafeSchools, below is an alternate method to access the training:
- Go to: http://pisd.tx.safeschools.com/login
- Log in: firstname.lastname
- Click: “Log me in!”
- Click: “View more courses”
- Scroll to the courses click on title
Class Party Times and Lunch Times for December 18th
Party TimesKindergarten - 9:00-10:00
First - 9:30- 10:30
Second - 9:30-10:30
Third - 9:30-10:30
Fourth - 9:15-10:15
Fifth - 10:00-11:00
10:40 Fourth Grade (Eat in Classrooms)
10:50 First Grade
11:00 Third grade (Eat in Classrooms)
11:10 Second Grade
11:20 Fifth Grade (Eat in Classrooms)
Lounge Warming "Party"
- Coffee mugs
Love Packs for Christmas - Families will receive 2 boxes for the break
Angel Tree...Deadline is Monday, December 14th to bring in your gifts!
Career Day is Coming! Do you know anyone who would like to come speak?
Resources for teachers - Interesting articles this week- Bold is new for the week
- 6 tips for creating effective student groups
- Understanding Formative Assessment
- 15 Best organization apps for teachers
- Edutopia article - 8 Wishes for My 3 Year Old About The Future of Education
- Personalizing Learning for All Students
- 10 Examples & 10 Non-Examples of Differentiated Instruction
- Talking Less: Shocking Stats On What Students Can Hear
- Every Kid Needs a Champion - Ted Talk Video
- Emergentmath.com - Article discusing questioning styles