An extreme and intense anxiety and fear of pain.
- It's most common in elderly people.
- Some alternative names are Odynespobia or Odynophobia.
- Some symptoms are shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, dry mouth, nausea, etc.
- Symptoms of this phobia may also elevate the pain.
- Phobias arise from a combination of external events and internal predispositions. Many specific phobias can be traced back to a specific triggering event, usually a traumatic experience.
- Behavior Therapy (Exposure Therapy in Particular)
- Professional Advice
- Drugs and Medications