Vocabulary Words !
- make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.
- favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.
- characterize reform-minded American journalists who wrote largely for all popular magazines
- a political organization in which an authoritative boss or small group commands the support of a corps of supporters and businesses
- the prevention by law of the manufacture and sale of alcohol, especially in the US between 1920 and 1933.
- deprive someone of the right to vote.
De Facto Segregation
- a social system that provides separate facilities for minority groups
De Jure Segregation
- separation enforced by law, while de facto segregation occurs when widespread individual preferences