Springfield Public Schools
Human Resources Department- May 2019
Summer Administrative Office Hours & 12 Month Employees
Summer Work Schedule for Twelve Month Employees
Summer office hours will begin on Tuesday, May 28 and end on Friday, July 19. Your building or department leader will inform you of the coverage necessary to ensure customer service is maintained, and some employees will have the option of working a 10-hour day, four days a week. Employees working at sites supporting the 2019 Explore program will not be eligible to participate in the 10-hour/4-day option. Employees working a 10-hour, 4-day week may access additional information at this link.
The summer dress code will once again include comfortable, but suitable, casual work attire. Casual slacks, Capri pants, and sport shirts or blouses are acceptable; however, this does NOT include shorts or t-shirts. Professional attire is expected when public meetings are scheduled.
Should you have any questions, please visit with your supervisor.
SPS Retiree Banquet- May 7, 2019 at 4PM (KAC)
Work Calendars 2019-2020
Valid Teaching/Administrator Certificate Reminders & Advanced Degrees
- DESE Certification Information
- Be Proactive! Individuals can review when his/her certificate expires here! (Select Springfield Public Schools, Type in your name, social security number, etc.).
- If you have recently received a teaching certificate, and are in a position that does not require a teaching certification, you will be required to change from the PEERS retirement system to the PSRS retirement system. This change will be necessary from the date the certification is attained. Contact HR to update your certification information.
- If you have attained (not previously held) a Master's degree; Master's Plus 30; Specialist's degree or a 2nd Master's degree (comprised of at least 30 hours); or a Doctorate degree, submit all appropriate documentation to HR for a step on the salary schedule by one of the two designated times for a step increase- transcripts must be received by Sept. 15 or Jan. 15.
Mercy Classes for SPS Employees
Mercy will be offering 2 different topics
May 29th will be Asthma
August 7th & 8th will be Diabetes
Diabetes is a 2-class presentation and you are encouraged to attend both as content is different for each session
Diabetes, we will cover:
- What is diabetes and how do I reduce my risks and complications?
- Creating a meal plan that works for me and my life.
- How to get active and stick with it?
- All about the medications.
Asthma, we will cover:
- What is asthma, what are triggers
- Understanding and managing medications
RSVP: Becky Snavey at 417-841-5671 or Becky.Snavely@Mercy.net
- Drawings for those attending!
- Seating will be limited, plan ahead and reserve a seat today
School Police Officers
You may notice your School Officers wearing a black mourning band on their badges the next week and a half. This has become tradition for law enforcement officers to wear mourning bands in honor of officers who have passed away in the line of duty. Police Memorial Day is May 15 and this holiday was created when Congress authorized the President to designate May 15 as a day to honor peace officers. President John F. Kennedy signed the bill into law October 1, 1962. Thank you for your support of School Police and our mission of safety and protection for our students and staff.
Notice of Separation (How Do I Submit My Intent to Resign or Retire?)
Direct Deposit Changes
Effective 5/6/19: In order to ensure that all direct deposit changes are initiated by the employee, effective immediately, all changes will be required to be completed in person, in the payroll office*, with a district ID. No fax/copies allowed, nor originals through mail.
New employees are allowed to continue the completion of direct deposit forms within TalentEd.
If there are pre-printed copies of the current direct deposit form at your location, please destroy and replace with the updated form (see attachment). Employees may also access the form by logging into Employee Self Service.
*Transportation employees will be allowed to make changes in person, in the transportation payroll office with Ken Koenig, with a district ID.