Welcome to Edgeview
Hidden Talents by David Lubar
Meet the Students
He is known for starting fires, but can he control it?
Lucky can actually hear lost items so he is constantly stumbling upon things and getting in trouble for stealing them.
The school bully.
Trash gets in trouble for throwing things, but they soon discover that he is telekinetic and can move things without touching them.
Always reacting to things before they happen, the ability to see into the future belongs to Flinch.
He is always called out for cheating, but really is telepathic.
- Martin's home- his family writes him letters from here
- Martin and Torchie's dorm
- Various classrooms
- The library where Martin and his friends meet and study or discuss the talents
- Many scenes, especially with Bloodbath take place in the hallways
- The town around Edgeview where the character's sneak out to. The people of the town fear those students.
Effects of the Setting
It is because of the setting that the characters have the outlook on school that they do. They are in the last school that will take them, and there are many instances when they don't want to be there. Being a school where the students live on campus, it makes some of them miss their families. As the talents are discovered, Martin and his friends are persistent to keep digging into their theory because it could help them get out of Edgeview. None of the students can actually help what they get kicked out of schools for because it is a hidden talent that they cannot control.