Things to share with your family, schools, & community!
Springfield Public Schools, Spfld, IL
"Here is recap of what has been discussed at our most recent Superintendent Parent and Student Roundtable meetings and additional information on family and community engagement."
Link Share it! on your parent/community communications: REMIND, CLASSDOJO, newsletters, ...
* District 186 Supt. Parent Eng. Roundtable meets the first Wednesday of the month. Those interested can contact email@example.com for more information.
Superintendent Gill’s Report
Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR)
This is an Illinois online test for 3-9 grades: (Formally PARCC) Testing window is open now and will end after spring break.
Every school receives an annual designation on the Illinois Report Card. The designation is based on the school’s overall data for all of the accountability indicators, as well as the data for individual student groups.The IL -EMPOWER supports and learning partners will build on school strengths, such as highlight current initiatives, plans, partnerships, and successes.
- Bus Transportation: FirstViewApp is an App that will let you know where your student’s bus is during it’s route based on average route times.
Full Meeting notesUpcoming events:
F.A.C.E.Camp - April 16, 2019 6-7:30PM at Lanphier High
Stronger Together...Carry the Banner
When we are at our best, our team, our class, our staff, our school and our District, benefits and our community thrives!
* District 186 Supt. Student Roundtable will meet the first Wednesday of the month this year. Interested high school students can contact their Academic Principal for more information.
Roundtable Members give back to Kidzeum & Inner City Mission!
- Supt. Student Roundtable members set a date to make presentations of Unity Day donations to Inner City Mission and Kidzeum on March 13 at 3:15PM. Each organization received a check for $350! They also gave them individually packaged bracelets students made on Unity Day.
- Former District 186 Alumni; Justice Collins and Sierra Senor provided a ProjectMack Diversity, Unity & Inclusion Summit held on Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. @Southeast High School. The event was open to all high school youth in the community and those attending were given #UnityinOurCommunity wristbands to promote unity in our community.
- Roundtable Members will be visiting each others' high schools again this year to dispell myths/biases and promote unity.
Full Meeting notes
Asking Right Question: Homework Example
Online Resources for Families/Teachers
Volunteer/Join School Teams!
Schools need your voice, energy and time! Teams meet monthly, attend 3 district wide F.A.C.E.Camps/Trainings and provide volunteers, funds, decision making, and more. Join your school's team today!
Stay informed this year!
District 186 has District level Parent and Student Groups that meet regularly with Superintendent Gill. Parent Roundtable is open to interested 186 Pre-K - 12 parents/family members and Student Roundtable is open to high school students. Contact Peggy Cormeny for more information.
Supt. Parent Engagement Roundtable*
Wednesday, May 1st, 5:30pm
1900 West Monroe Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.