Full Stack Web Developer
Work on beautiful products with a cool, dynamic team
We're looking for an awesome web developer to join our team in Tel Aviv!
Passionate about building beautiful, elegant products?
Do you love to create beautiful things? Do you like it when something works right not just on the outside, but also on the inside? Do you like that feeling when millions of users depend on and love what you've created, and use it every day?
At Smore, we're passionate about creating the best possible products. We care about all the little details that make a product great. That also extends to our engineering and company culture.
Are you a web developer or a DevOps engineer? Check out our other job listings.
We work out of Rothschild Blvd, Tel Aviv, where all the cool startups are :)
Smorinio the happy S'more (although sometimes he's sad, like when there's an error)
We strive to make beautiful, compelling products all the time.
What you'll be doing
Make Smore.com Amazing
Our web product (you're looking at it right now!) is our flagship product, used by millions of people every day to spread the word about their business, their cause, their events, or even job listings like this one.
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting edge frameworks and open source tools: Python, MongoDB, Node.js, Backbone, and many more.
- Keep performance in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, often thousands simultaneously.
- Work in quick iterations and get things shipped.
- At Smore, everyone has product input and is expected to care about the product's quality. Our mission is to delight our customers.
- Write high quality backend and frontend code in a high performance environment complete with code reviews, tests and all the other goodies.
- We're a small team, so you'll have a say in our product discussions, engineering processes and company culture.
- Experience working with modern web MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Pylons and others.
- Experience working on complex web apps including client side code with frameworks like Backbone.Marionette or React.
- Attention to detail and a passion to create the best stuff.
- Desire to learn new things and improve your craft.
- Our office is in Tel Aviv, Israel, so you must be located in the area.
- Mobile dev experience: iOS8 and Swift.
- Experience working on high performance applications.
- An eye for good design, typography and products.
What we love:
A passion for open source and side projects (we’d love to see your work)
Avid gamer and/or movie buff
- Nintendo or Blizzard fan-boy
- Your resume (PDFs work best).
- Links to: your blog, your GitHub profile, your StackExchange profile, any projects you've worked on and any open source contributions you've made.
- Why you want to work for Smore.
- Anything else that we should know or that you think might help us get to know you better :)
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
We only hire the best talent. Work with top-quality engineers, designers and more.
Make a difference
Small team means your input is important.
We work 10:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thu & 10:30am-3:00pm Fri.
Code review, tests and thorough design are our bread and butter.
We love trying crazy things
Work on company-wide weekend projects and contribute to open source.
Successful, dynamic company
Smore is a high revenue company that is here to stay.
We love trying crazy things
Smore is a platform for empowering small (mostly offline) businesses to start promoting themselves online. On Smore they design marketing messages called "online flyers". Just like you would spread a flyer offline, you can use Smore to promote through your mailing list, on social networks, on Craigslist, etc. You can then see your promotions' impact through a central dashboard.
Our goal is to make "promoting stuff online" super easy and effective. We believe in empowering businesses to write their own content and promote it through channels that make sense to them, while helping them build good marketing habits.
Smore now has over 750,000 users, 1.5M flyers, and around $70k/month in revenue.