Ms. Missy's Messenger
What's up in the Community Classroom?
September 15 - September 25, 2014
This week and next week we will be learning about sports and the different equipment used to play sports. We will label and identify the different types of balls used for various sports and talk about what you do with them--kick them, hit them, or catch them. We will look at different sporting equipment and match them to the correct ball they go with. On the playground, we will practice kicking, throwing, and catching different balls. We will also work on some quality concepts, like: big/little, hard/soft, fast/slow, and up/down. As always, we will continue to focus on appropriate social skills, communication skills, and pre-academic skills.
Related Theme Books
- Big Kicks, by Bob Kolar
- Family Huddle, by Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Archie Manning
- Players in Pigtails, by Shana Corey
- Tulip at the Bat, by J. Patrick Lewis
- Brendan and Belinda and the Slam Dunk!, by Anne Rockwell
- The Great Fuzz Frenzy, by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel
- Homer, by Diane deGroat and Shelley Rotner
- Soccer Hour, by Carol Nevius
- Pirates at the Plate, by Aaron Frisch
- Out of the Ballpark!, by Alex Rodriguez
Ms. Stephie's Speech Spot
Farm Field Trip!
Beginning this school year, all staff and volunteers are required by law to watch the anti-bullying webinar that is available on the HSE website. Once you have watched the webinar, you must complete a survey to verify you have done so. The following link will direct you to the HSE website where you can access the background check link, the anti-bullying webinar, and the webinar survey. If you have any questions, please let me know.
HSE Illness Policy
- If your child will not be riding the bus, please contact transportation prior to school to let them know at 594-4117.
- Please check your child's notebook daily for important information and/or artwork that is being sent home.
- If you have not already sent in an extra change of clothes for your child, please do so as soon as possible.