JM Staff Bulletin
Week of January 25, 2016
Dear Fantabulous Teachers and Staff,
I left school on Friday with a warm fuzzy feeling after spending a day of learning with all of you. I am so honored to work with such an incredible community of educators.
A big shout out goes to Ms. Gleghorn and Ms. Tarica for putting on a fantastic Spelling Bee! This is no small job and I really appreciate the work you put into making this event go smoothly.
Thank you, Ms. Moore, Ms. Cohn, Mrs. Williams, Mr. Wooliever, and Ms. Tarica for all of the work you did to make our professional development day be awesome!!
TLC Day in February!
The Dad's Club is setting up another TLC Day on February 27th to make improvements and repairs around the school. Click here to add to the list of things to be done. This would be a good opportunity to have blinds cleaned, bulletin boards papered, books leveled, shelves repaired, hooks installed, etc.
Missed PLC Day
First and second grade teachers had to miss their PLC day due to substitute difficulties. Please select a make-up day and Jeanne and I will call for subs. (Note: if you would rather be paid for extra hours beyond the school day for this, let me know.)
Principal's 10K Book Reading Challenge begins on Monday, Feb. 1st!
Ms. Gullikson will be providing you with the reading logs for students to track their reading.
Monday: Principal's 10K Book Reading Challenge begins; SART Meeting at 10:30
Wednesday: PD (PE, CHKS, Tech survey)
Thursday: Sara off-site at Principal PD; Math Dept to use the MPR for a training; SSC meeting at 5:30 in the Book Room
Friday: James Robinson Assemblies: K-2 - 9:00, 3-5 - 10:15 (Please be on time!)
Weekly Deliverables (To-Dos)
- Get kids on Lexia.
- Send parent letter home for students currently on Lexia. (See Helene for the letter.)
- The F&P assessment window has been extended until February 12th. Please do as many F&P assessments during reader's workshop as you can. Add your name to the F&P sub list that Sylvi created if you will need a half day sub.
- Check Konstella and your OUSD email often.
- Send a message to your parents via Konstella or email about what's happening in your class! (Remember: the more they know, the less they make up.)
- Submit COST referrals as needed.
- Pat yourself on the back for being amazing!
Upcoming Dates- Not including this week
February 8th: Grade Reporting Window Opens
February 9-12th: Book Fair
February 9th: Second Grade Marine Mammal Night (6 - 7 in the MPR)
February 10th: PD - DESSA
February 15th: President's day - No School