November 13, 2020
Mrs. Walters' News
Dear Bushnell Elementary Families,
Last call for lunches on half days or over Thanksgiving break! lunch https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeb6L_mROh6epeYg3NVBN-Fa7epcvJnuLXnNwG1JBI8_T6F2A/viewform
Our Bushnell t-shirts finally came in last week! If you would still like to order one, we did order extras in every size! Call us at 987-2650 to order one!
We are in need of extra masks for when they break or are lost. If you like to sew or know a source that would like to donate some, we'd gladly accept them!
Kids grown out of their snow gear? We are happily taking donations of clean, gently used snow pants, boots, and coats!
IMPORTANT! The end of the trimester date has changed! We will now finish the first trimester on November 24th! The first day of the second trimester will be Monday November 30th for any students who are switching learning formats.
We know that COVID and this lengthy pandemic have been financially impacting many in our community. With the holidays coming up, we'd like to support families that need help providing gifts and other needed items. We are lucky to have Flat River Outreach right here to support as well. If you could use some help, please call our office and let us know so we can match you with our resources. Also- see the information below from Flat River.
As COVID cases continue to rise in our community, it's important to take a step back with a few reminders.
- If your child has a new cough or loss of taste and smell OR any two of the following symptoms, do not send to school and call your doctor: fever, chills, headache, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose, body aches, nausea/vomiting, shortness of breath.
- Continue to fill out the daily health screener for our district.
- Continue to send your child with a clean, properly fitted mask each day. Bandanas and gators are not approved as being sufficient.
- Remind your child to wear their masks as much as possible throughout the day and to stay separated from others.
- While we are trying very hard to keep the children apart, we know that if a positive case in a classroom were to be confirmed, most likely the entire classroom would be quarantined.
- Finally, parents who pick up your children at the end of the day- please wear your masks as well. It sets an example for your children and shows them that what they are doing all day matters.
Enjoy this lovely fall weekend!
Mrs. Erin Walters
Bushnell Elementary Principal
Important Dates for your calendar...
11/18: Child Study Day
11/19: Half Day Students (student dismissal begins at 11:30am)
11/20: Half Day Students (student dismissal begins at 11:30am)
11/24: NEW DATE-end of 1st trimester
11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break
11/30: First day of 2nd trimester
12/1: Picture Re-take Day
12/11: Report Cards go home