WCCS District eNotes Monthly Update
The Mission at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
The Vision at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
Our Values/Beliefs at Wayland-Cohocton Central School District:
- Students are our priority.
- In working alongside our community and families to ensure student success.
- In the importance of providing a healthy, safe and secure environment.
- In acting with integrity and treating all with compassion and respect.
- Everyone deserves the support needed to engage in continuous growth and improvement.
- In a culture of collaboration that requires collective responsibility and individual accountability.
Awards | Accomplishments | Celebrations:
We hope you had a happy and healthy holiday season. We look forward to all great things yet to come in the New Year and beyond!
We are paying tribute to those in the District, both individuals and groups, who are the best examplars of the District's mission, vision, values and goals - to the hard work associated with improving student learning.
Curriculum & Instruction:
100% Remote Learner Pick-up
Time: 3:00-5:00pm (K-12)
Place: Fieldhouse Parking Lot
*each car must have a 8.5x11 piece of paper with each student's name and grade written in Big, Bold letters with a black marker. Please place the paper in the right hand side window of the car
Books to All Kindergarten Students!
Has your student(s) signed up for Clever yet? Check it out! A "One Stop Shop", Single Sign On (SSO) Portal where all K-12 students can get everything they need for instruction from one page!
Parents/Guardians can connect to Clever too. Assist your child(ren) with school and support their learning at home! Watch the short attached video to log in to Clever today.
Wayland-Cohocton EnCompass - After School Program
Again this year, we will be able to run our EnCompass After School Program for students in the Middle School, grades 5-8. This program is made available through a partnership among Wayland-Cohocton Central School District and EnCompass Resources for Learning, a non-profit academic outreach agency. With some modifications in order to meet NYSED and CDC guidelines, the program is looking to begin Feb 1! If interested please complete an appliation by January 18th. Together, kids and teachers discover, discuss, and investigate topics while also improving their reading skills. For more information go to our District website: https://www.wccsk12.org/article/377916?org=wccs or feel free to contact Anne Baker, Program Coordinator at (585) 728-2551 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business & Finance:
- As you may have heard, the Federal Government has recently passed legislation related to an economic stimulus plan. We do not have detailed information as it relates specifically to Wayland-Cohocton but we do know overall that $54.3B has been allocated for K-12 Education across the country. Allocation amounts for the State of NY have not been communicated yet. We will certainly keep you posted as we learn more. A broad summary of the stimulus plan is linked below if you are interested in reading.
Governor Cuomo created a Winter Plan to combat a COVID-19 surge in New York. The Winter Plan consists of five targeted strategies focused on mitigating the spread of the virus. With Strategy 3 being - Keep Schools Open Safely.
- Board of Education Meeting - Monday, January 11 and January 25 (6:00pm)
- Grades 4-8 ELA NYS Simulation - Tuesday, January 12 - Thursday, January 14
- Martin Lurther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 18 - NO School; National Holiday
Other: | Miscellaneous:
"But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars." - Martin Lurther King Jr.