Buffalo Weekly Express
September 17, 2019
Week Five Celebrations
This past week was filled with the following celebrations:
- Sidney Doty, Fifth Grade teacher won the Elementary Horizon Award on behalf of Shawnee Heights. She was awarded this based upon excellence in teaching her very first year in the classroom
- Our teachers spent time watching the film Paper Tigers which explores taking a trauma informed approach to working with students.
- Some of our first and second year teachers attended a training on Animated Alphabet that will help them in delivering quality literacy instruction.
- We finished MAP testing and have began looking at our data to determine how to meet students individual needs.
- PTO met and distributed "ponies" for teachers that are in the main entrance. Students are encouraged to donate money into these ponies as to determine which staff member will Prance with a Pony at the Carnival on October 13.
This Friday is the deadline for having ASQ completed for all of our students in Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten. Office staff will be making phone calls to ensure we have 100% of our students with the ASQ completed per state expectations. Listed below is also information about Parent Teacher Conferences.
It's great to be a Berryton Buffalo,
Mrs. Bervert, Principal
Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up
Below is the link sign up for Berryton’s PT Conferences. It is open for all Berryton Families beginning today, Tuesday, September 17th.
Our Fall Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for:
Oct. 23 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Oct. 24 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Please note that each teacher has their own tab on the sign up link (link is below). Please select the appropriate tab to sign up.
Dr. Stessman came on Tuesday to share with Mrs. Doty that she had won the Horizon Award.
All of Shawnee Heights is proud of Mrs. Doty!
Mrs. Doty's students were ready to celebrate with her.
ASQ- Mandatory Screening for EC, Pre-K and Kindergarten
ASQ information for all parents can be found at https://agesandstages.com/about-asq/for-parents/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=20190516-asq-newsletter.
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
- Monday and Friday- PB and J Whole Wheat Uncrustable
- Tuesday- Turkey
- Wednesday- Ham
- Thursday- Bologna
The link for the menu can be found here:
Looking Ahead to This Week
- 9/17- Intramurals at 8:00
- 9/19- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Prairie Park Nature Center in Lawrence from 9:15-1:10
- 9/20- Intramurals at 8:00
- 9/20- Hearing Screenings at Berryton
| || |
4th Grade Art- On Displayi n Westridge Mall
Thirteen fourth graders have artwork on display in Westridge Mall on the lower level where the former Gap Store was located. Way to go, Fourth Grade!