SSS Weekly Update
December 14 - 18
African American Student Leadership Award
Award applications are due January 6
Every year UW Oshkosh recognizes the leadership and accomplishments of outstanding African American students on campus. An $1,000 award will be given to the most deserving candidates.
Please download the application at:
Summer 2016 Job Opportunity: Deadline Extension!
Apply online: http://www.uwosh.edu/precollege/employment
PreCollege Programs is seeking to hire qualified college students for their 2016 Summer Programs.
Student Employee Requirements:
· Must be in good standing academically, and with the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Residence Life and University Conduct Policies.
· Must be at sophomore status or higher by February 2016, with a 2.7 Cum GPA or higher.
· Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills that include: integrity, patience, excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and strong verbal communication skills.
· Must have hands-on volunteer and/or work experience and like working with middle and high school students from economically-disadvantaged and diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Must live in the residence halls with program participants and able to chaperone and tutor 24 hours a day.
· Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong (preferred).
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid Certified (preferred).
· Students majoring in one of the following areas of study: Education, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Human Resources, Business/Accounting, or Nursing/Pre-Med (preferred).
2016 Summer PreCollege Programs Sessions:
June 19 - July 1, 2016
June 26 - July 1, 2016
July 10 - July 22, 2016
July 17 - July 22, 2016
Lawton Grant 2016-2017
We are once again offering the Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (LUMRG). The purpose of the Lawton Grant is to improve the learning experiences and educational outcomes of eligible student recipients/participants. Full-time students are eligible for up to $4,000 per academic year for four years (preferably consecutive) with a maximum of $16,000 per student. The receipt of the award is contingent upon the student meeting all eligibility requirements listed below:
First time recipients must have completed at least 24 credits to receive Lawton Grant. Consideration will also be given to students who will have at least 24 credits by the end of the Summer 2016.
- Continuing recipients must be enrolled in and must have successfully completed at least 24 credits during the 2015-2016 academic school year to be considered for 2016-2017 Lawton Grant.
- Must be a full-time student at UW Oshkosh (special students and students working towards a second undergraduate degree are not eligible).
- Must be African American, Hispanic/Latino/a, Native American, or Southeast Asian (defined as Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese or Hmong decent).
- Must be in good academic standing (earned minimum of a 2.000 Official UW Oshkosh cumulative grade point average). To be eligible for renewal, student must be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress (must show progression towards degree and improvement in GPA).
- Must be a United States citizen or have permanent resident status.
- Must be a Wisconsin resident (Minnesota/Illinois reciprocity students are not eligible).
- Must demonstrate a financial need via FAFSA application.
Complete and submit Lawton Grant application by March 14, 2016.
Holiday Tree in Reeve
Pagan Student Alliance and Titan Catholics would like to invite religious/cultural organizations and people to celebrate the holidays of the season together around a community tree in Reeve Union on December 14 at 5:30pm. During the event there will be refreshments, holiday songs and Christmas carols.
The main purpose of this event is to celebrate the coming holidays in spiritual unity, strengthen the bonds of faith among the different religious and cultural groups on our campus, and bring a little harmony to our community.
Please email Sam or Tyler if your organization is interested in joining us. We are excited to celebrate the spirit of the holiday season with you and look forward to your reply!
Samantha Wodushek <firstname.lastname@example.org> Titan Catholics President
Tyler Hahn <email@example.com> Pagan Student Alliance Vice President
Student Council for Exceptional Children will be collecting school supplies and new or gently used hats and gloves for the students of the Oshkosh School District. Feel free to drop any of these things in the boxes placed under the tree in Polk. Tis’ the season of giving! For any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbook Buyback finals week & Saturday
BuyBack Dates & Times:
Mon-Thur 12/14-12/17: 8am-7pm
Friday 12/18: 8am-6pm
Saturday 12/19: 8am-3pm
Rental books are due! Please be careful, we CAN NOT recover rental books sold at buyback.
Good luck with your finals & Congratulations to the new graduates!
For answers about textbooks, please email email@example.com or call 920-424-2312.
Monday - Thursday @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Wednesday @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
No appointments needed! Just drop in!