Friedell Middle School
May 17 - 21
The Week Ahead!
Here is what is happening in - The Week Ahead:
- May 17 - B Day
- May 18 - A Day
- May 19 - B Day
- May 20 - A Day
- May 21 - B Day
Important Date Information: Model Change
Please know that any 'in person' learner wishing to change to Full Distance Learning will make that change for the remainder of the year. Also, anyone wishing to change from Full Distance Learning to 'in person' learning will need to decide that by the end of this week, May 15, 2021.
One important item to note that for 'in person' learners, the office needs to be notified of the reasons they are not in the building, even if they choose to login to their classes from home.
- May 24 - Family Mental Health Night at 6:30 p.m.
- May 31 - No School: Memorial Day
- June 4 - Last day of school
- June 4 - 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony: Held Virtually (Details to come!)
- June 7 - Item return for DL students (Noon - 6 p.m.)
- June 8 - Item return for DL students (8:00 a.m. - Noon)
- The Friedell office is open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call if you have questions or need support!
- Each day we do need all students to complete the daily health screener before coming to school.
- Parents, please remember the recent change that students may be outdoors without a mask. We do ask that students continue to socially distance while outdoors.
- In the morning, we use Door 1 by the gym for drop off. Do not pull up further than the sidewalk by Door 1 to drop your student before school.
Wondering if the yearbook is happening this year? 👉 Yes
ALL THE THINGS. ALL IN THIS BOOK.
This school year will be talked about forever. Our yearbook program is working hard to put together a historic book that will be looked back upon to remember one of the most unpredictable school years of all time.
Order today so we make sure there are enough copies for everyone - www.jostensyearbooks.com.
This year’s book will be delivered in August instead of in June. This will allow more time for the yearbook to be made.
If you would still like to submit a photo of your child for the yearbook, you can attach one to this link: https://forms.gle/sMPqzZ7dSMcAGXGL8
LAST CALL FOR RECEIPTS!!!
We are at the end of our school year, and the end of the Hy-Vee Receipts program. Simply by turning in your receipts to the office, by May 28th, we can enter them to Hy-Vee for a donation! Please consider sending your student to school with Hy-Vee Receipts for the office!
- Students do need their iPad fully charged each day at school
- Students also need earbuds/headphones each day at school
We have recently noticed a trend where iPads are not charged, or students are not bringing earbuds/headphones. Please make certain your students have these items daily. If you need help with making this happen, please reach out to the Friedell office for support!
PTSA Support Needed!
- VIE (Volunteers in Education) Coordinator
- Vice President, and other roles as well
If interested in a position, please reach out via email to the Friedell PTSA!
REMINDERS FOR STUDENT HEALTH AND SAFETY
When I have a sick child:
- If your child has any of the symptoms listed on the COVID screening tool, s/he should be staying home from school.
- If you have multiple children, and one is staying home because they are ill, all children in your family are to be kept home.
- Please inform the school of any symptoms your child is experiencing.
- If you have questions about what to do or next steps, just give us a call. We are happy to guide you.
Please remember we have The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team!
The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team for families and students will solve for issues like:
- Support for standard software like Microsoft Office, Adobe, G Suite
- Support for some hardware like printers, Internet and Wi-Fi Connectivity
Families and students will be able to receive support Monday - Friday from 7 AM - 7 PM by calling 1-(800)-789-0051.
Also, there are many resources available here.
Student Support Services