Last Week of School... 2014-2015 Final Edition!
Final Week of School
As I look back on this year, I am so proud of how we have grown as a campus. I am also proud that I have had an opportunity to grow and learn with such dedicated professionals. Thank you for all you have done (especially behind the scenes) for our our kids this year.
This is our least edition of the Mustang Weekly. Please let me know if you have any ideas of ways that I could improve its design or content for next year!
I know we've got a busy week ahead. Let's enjoy this final week with our kids and look forward to the work happening in the building over the summer!
Education Foundation Grants
The Coppell Education Foundation awards grant money to CISD educators each year in the Fall. They love surprising educators with a large check and capturing the look on everyone’s face as they arrive!
If you have submitted an application in the past, but have not been awarded grant money, the Ed Foundation wants to help you! Join us for a professional learning opportunity all about GRANT WRITING.
Register through Eduphoria for one of the below dates:
- June 9, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, at the Administration Building
- September 8, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, at Austin Elementary Library
- September 10, 4:15 – 5:45 pm, at CMS-West Library
Report Cards / MAP Results
- As soon as grades are submitted, Brandon will print a set of report cards for each of you. These will be the set that you will file in the perm folder. Hopefully getting these to you early will let you file those prior to Friday.
- Brandon will then print another set, which we will sign and give to you to go home.
- Please remember that each kid needs to have a MAP report to go home with report cards. Directions to printing the MAP report may be found at tinyurl.com/cisdassessment
Quote - "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it." - Arnold Glasow
Healthy Tip - If you have a bicycle, make sure to wear and helmet and always tell an adult where you are going.
Week At A Glance
- Pink/Blue Cards due to Cooper (1st and 3rd)
- Report Cards due
- Lunch Provided - pizza!
- Yearbook Signing - 2:00 - Yearbooks will be delivered to your classroom
- 8:15 - 5th Grade Awards (Cafeteria)
- 2:00 - 5th Grade Celebration for K/1st (Gym)
- 4:00 - Martha's Retirement Celebration (La Hacienda Ranch)
- 8:30 - 5th Grade Celebration for 2nd-4th and Parents (Gym)
- Lunch Provided - sandwiches from PTO!
- 3:15 - Stop by the Library for a quick EOY something special!
- Happy Birthday David!
- Final VIPs of the school year!
- Last Day of School!
- Report Cards Go Home
- 5th Grade Walk to Ole's - 10:45
- 12:30 - Line the halls for 5th "Clap Out"
- 12:50 - Early Dismissal
- June 6th - Work begins @ Austin
- June 15-17 - CISD Literacy Academy
- June 17-18 - Dr. Knezek Training @ North - Cooper, Jennifer P, Liz, Heather, May
- July 12-17 - Confratute
- August 3-7 - New Hire Orientation
- August 17 - Back for another great year!