April Student Services Newsletter
4/17 is Founders' Day!
Each year, we host Jefferson Chamber Foundation Academy’s Founders’ Day. On this day, we celebrate JCFA’s initial charter approval which allowed to open our first campus in 2010. On Thursday, April 17th, we will join with JCFA on the West Bank Campus for a crawfish boil for Founders' Day.
We will have a shortened school day on Thursday, April 17th:
- 9:00am - 11:00am Class Periods 1-3
- 11:00am Buses leave the East Bank Campus to transport JCFA-East students to the West Bank Campus for the Founders' Day Celebration. (Students who choose not to attend the celebration will be dismissed from campus at 11am. Students MUST be picked up at 11am if they are not attending the Founders' Day celebration.)
- 12:30pm Buses leave West Bank campus to transport JCFA-East students back to the East Bank Campus for dismissal.
- 1:00pm Dismissal for students who attended the Founders' Day celebration. Students will be dismissed as soon as we arrive at the East Bank Campus. (Please plan to pick up students who have attended Founders' Day between 1pm and 1:15pm from the East Bank Campus. There is NO banking that day.)
Parents, you will receive additional information, including a permission slip, by mail. Students will also receive this information on Monday. The permission form MUST be received by Wednesday, April 16th.
JCFA Celebrates its Second Graduate, Jamal J.!
Jamal and Mr. Drew pose for the camera!
Gifts, of course!
Jamal shows off his JCFA swag!
Mentees join us for the celebration!
Mr. Maloney's Office Recess!
Student Scientist of the Month
March - Amanda T.
April - Daniel H.
JCFA Spring Break and Summer Info
- Thursday, April 17th -- No Banking. All students must be off campus by 1pm.
- Friday, April 18th -- No School. Campus Closed.
- Monday, April 21st -- No School. Campus Closed.
- Tuesday, April 22nd -- Students and Faculty return to school.
Remember to Bank for Time Off
- Regular Banking from 1:00pm - 2:14pm
- Extended Banking from 2:15pm - 3:30pm
Banking and Extended Banking is also useful in making sure students meet JCFA-East's 90% attendance requirement. If your student is below 90% attendance or had negative hours as of the last progress report, he/she should plan to bank until in the positive. We generally recommend that students maintain 15 hours of banking.
Upcoming Events/Important Dates
- April 17th -- No Banking. All students must be off campus by 1pm.
- April 18th -- Spring Break--No School!
- April 21st -- Spring Break--No School!
- May 9th -- Progress Reports
- May 13th -- EOC Testing (will occur through 5/20)
- May 14th -- Parent-Teacher Conference
- May 26th -- Memorial Day -- No School!