February - Dallas ISD Substitute Employee Newsletter
SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT - LANG MIDDLE SCHOOL
Principal: Kimberly Robinson
Address: 1678 Chenault Street Dallas, TX 75228
Mission: The mission of Harold Wendell Lang Sr. Middle School is to provide each student with a diverse education in a culturally safe climate, academic environment that promotes excellence in learning and discipline.
Vision: A professional and highly motivated staff, in partnership with parents will encourage each child to achieve his/her full potential.
Please log into Absence Management to accept an assignment at Lang Middle School. We appreciate your support!
The Dyslexia Department of Dallas ISD is hosting a Dyslexia Training on Friday, February 21, 2020 to train substitutes in one of our most in-demand areas.
All slots have been filled. We will host another Dyslexia Training in the fall. Stay tuned!
COMPLIANCE /POLICY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
If you are a new substitute to the district, you are required to complete the district's compliance training.
For compliance training videos: Online training is available at https://elearning.dallasisd.org/moodle/course/view.php?id=3305§ion=1. Substitutes will need to use their EAD credentials to log into the training. If you have forgot your EAD Username/Password - please follow the instructions below.
FORGOT YOUR EAD USERNAME/PASSWORD?
Employees who have forgotten their EAD username and/or password can visit the Dallas ISD Password Portal at http://password.dallasisd.org.
If employees still have problems logging into the application or have other technical difficulties, they should submit a Remedyforce ticket at http://remedyforce.dallasisd.org/ or call the IT Service Desk at (972) 925-5630.
SUBSTITUTE CAMPUS COORDINATOR LIST
Each campus has a set person or people who work with the substitute population. It may be an Office Manager, an Assistant Principal, or a Financial Clerk. This coordinator is in charge of handling substitute assignments, classroom placements, and most importantly time sheets. On the substitute webpage there is a link to the substitute campus coordinator for each campus. Please refer to this list anytime you have questions regarding your assignment or payment for that specific campus.
It is a common misconception that the Substitute Office handles payroll for substitutes. Each campus (typically the office manager) is in charge of submitting time sheets to payroll for all assignments worked on their campus. If you ever believe there is a discrepancy on your paycheck, please be sure to reach out to the specific campus you took your assignments at.
Below is a link to the substitute webpage where you can find the Substitute Campus Coordinator Contact List.
SUBSTITUTE FEEDBACK REGARDING CAMPUS SUBSTITUTING EXPERIENCE
We've collected survey data from over 650 substitutes to create the most effective substitute feedback questions possible, and we have included them below for your convenience.
- Was a clear lesson plan provided?
- Were you provided with appropriate resources to fulfill your job duties (contacts, emergency plan, keys, seating charts, school maps, etc.)?
- How well did you feel welcome and supported by campus staff?
- Did you have support for students with behavioral challenges?
- Would you be interested in returning to this school in the future?
What does my star rating mean?
- 5 Stars: Exemplary
- 4 Stars: Ideal
- 3 Stars: Satisfactory
- 2 Stars: Unsatisfactory
- 1 Star: Poor
SUBSTITUTE TIP OF THE MONTH: MAKING MISTAKES
"Realize that you will make mistakes, because becoming the only adult in the room did not make you perfect."
As the second semester approaches, substitutes become frustrated with their day to day interactions with students. It doesn’t matter if you are returning to the profession, new to the profession, or just here for the experience as a second profession it’s going to happen. Here are a few tips to help guide your view and redirect frustration.
- If you are tired, sick, frustrated, or just not feeling it, DON’T GO!
- Ask for help and keep asking for help until you receive it. Sometimes it’s who you are asking
- Don't be afraid to apologize to your students when you have made a mistake.
- Realize that the lesson plan is just that – a plan. Remember, we make plans every day of our life but rarely do we carry them out 100% of the time.
- Get a good night's sleep every night.
- Read, read, read as much about the teaching profession or children as learners as you can.
- Search for opportunities for free information, supplies, or activities via online, newsletters, family events, and even school.
- Write your name in permanent ink on the front of everything you own when you accept an assignment. Teachers and students are notorious for borrowing something of interest and then forgetting where they got it from.
- Remember being the only adult in the room does not make you perfect.
- Be aware of your own needs and temper when choosing substitute assignments.
- Don't let one bad job experience rule your thoughts negatively about the district or how you view students!
Remember, of all the professions in the world, you chose to enrich society by teaching or helping a child.
ID BADGE POLICY
The ID badge policy is for the safety and security of our district's children. It is a way to identify who should/should not be on our campus at all times. If you need a replacement badge please come to our office on the 14th floor at 9400 N Central Expressway Dallas, TX.
PRESIDENT'S DAY OBSERVANCE
2019 - 2020 BI-WEEKLY PAY PERIODS AND DATES
Transparency around compensation is something that is very important to us, and we want you to have every resource available to plan your finances. Click the link below for the 2019-2020 pay schedule.
ACE CAMPUSES: FOCUS ON CAMPUS SUPPORT
Substitute teachers will be compensated an additional $10.00/DAY for all full day assignments at a 2.0 ACE Campus.
- Rusk Middle School
- Ervin Elementary
- Titche Elementary
- Carr Elementary
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Substitutes, we need your help with accepting assignments at one of the following campuses below to ensure all classes are covered in the absence of the teacher.
ANN RICHARDS MIDDLE SCHOOL
ARLINGTON PARK ELEMENTARY
BROWNE MIDDLE SCHOOL
CARY MIDDLE SCHOOL
COMSTOCK MIDDLE SCHOOL
GABE ALLEN ELEMENTARY
GARCIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
HOUSTON PERSONALIZED LEARNING
IGNITE MIDDLE SCHOOL
LINCOLN HIGH/MAGNET SCHOOL
LONG MIDDLE SCHOOL
LOWE SR ELEMENTARY
MANNS MS DAEP
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR LEARNING CENTER
PIEDMONT GLOBAL ACADEMY
SAMUELL HIGH SCHOOL
SAN JACINTO ELEMENTARY
TATUM JR ELEMENTARY
WILMER HUTCHINS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL/EARLY CHILDHOOD
ZUMWALT MIDDLE SCHOOL
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT - SUBSTITUTE STAFFING TEAM
Cynthia Lule, Substitute Staffing Specialist
· Major Responsibilities: Creating Substitute Profiles
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celina Ibarra, Substitute Staffing Specialist
· Major Responsibilities: Creating Substitute Profiles
· Email: email@example.com
Lamar Dinkins, Substitute Coordinator
· Major Responsibilities: Absence Management, Substitute Communication, AABS Reporting
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandy Nealy, Substitute Facilitator
· Major Responsibilities: Substitute Training, Materials & Resources Policy, TWC & Reviews Incident Reports
· Email: email@example.com
Shenise Tyler, Substitute Staffing Manager
· Major Responsibilities: Substitute Office Policy, Project, Work & Substitute Supervisor
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com
FOLLOW @DISDSUBS ON TWITTER
Join the 500+ followers who hear Dallas ISD Substitute Department announcements first! We're dedicated to bringing you the most up to date Dallas ISD news.
Follow us at @DISDSubs today!