Glendale Elementary November News
- Nov 2 - GROUP A Voting Spirit Day: Wear your Red White & Blue
- Nov 3 - GROUP B Voting Spirit Day: Wear your Red White & Blue
- Nov 5 - GROUP A C.A.R.E.S Celebration w/ Mrs. Molitor 9:30AM
- Nov 6 - GROUP B C.A.R.E.S Celebration w/ Mrs. Molitor 9:30AM
- Nov 9 - Davanni's Night 4:00-8:00PM
- Nov 10 - PTC Meeting 6:30PM - Virtual
- Nov 16 - GROUP A Jr. Naturalist Meeting 8:00AM
- Nov 17 - GROUP B Jr. Naturalist Meeting 8:00AM
- Nov 17 - CONFERENCES 4:15-6:15PM (Phone or Virtual)
- Nov 18 - NO SCHOOL- Workshop Day
- Nov 17 - CONFERENCES 4:15-6:15PM (Phone or Virtual)
- Nov 19 - GROUP A Cash For Critters- Pay $1 to wear a hat all day in school
- Nov 20 - GROUP B Cash For Critters- Pay $1 to wear a hat all day in school
- Nov 23 - CONFERENCES 4:15-8:15PM (Phone or Virtual)
- Nov 25 - Nov 27 - NO SCHOOL- Thanksgiving Break
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. MOLITOR
The story for this month is: The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson
There will be times when you walk into a room
and no one there is quite like you.
There are many reasons to feel different. Maybe it's how you look or talk, or where you're from; maybe it's what you eat, or something just as random. It's not easy to take those first steps into a place where nobody really knows you yet, but somehow you do it. When we reach out and begin to share our stories, others will be happy to meet us halfway.
I hope you enjoy it, and always remember to :
Glendale Elementary School Principal
Staff members are looking forward to your "phone" or "virtual" visits for parent/teacher
conferences on November 17th from 4:15-6:15 pm, November 19th from
4:15-8:15 pm and November 23rd from 4:15-8:15 pm.
Conference schedules will be open online to families from Wednesday, October 28th thru Friday, November 13th.
A FEW IMPORTANT ITEMS:
- When you sign up for a time it states that the phone number is optional. It is very important when you are signing up that you enter a phone number.
- Teachers will be calling you at your scheduled time with the phone number that was given. (Please note your teachers’ phone numbers may come up as "unknown" as they will be calling from their personal lines, so check your settings to make sure that unknown calls are not blocked.)
- If you wish to visit with your child’s teacher on a virtual conference, please add the words "VIRTUAL CONFERENCE" in the “SPECIAL REQUEST” section at the bottom of the sign up. Be sure to include your email address.
- If you have not signed up for a conference time please use the following link to do so:
GLENDALE PARENT LEARNING SURVEY
We just wanted to check in to see how things are going for you so far this school year. We would love your feedback. Please fill out this survey to help us gain insight on how hybrid & at home learning are going for you & your child(ren).
STOP. DROP. AND ROLL!
- Stop. Drop. & Roll- When dropping your student(s) off in the morning, please have them all ready to go with their backpacks on their laps, so when it's time to get out of the vehicle they can exit quickly & efficiently.
- Please have your student(s) enter & exit the vehicle on the CURB SIDE to keep them safe from other traffic in the parking lot.
- Adults must remain in the vehicle at all times! This is not only for safety reasons, but will help keep the flow of the line going.
- Please pull ALL the way up to the end of the sidewalk whether you're dropping off or picking up.
- There are several staff helping your child(ren) as they enter the school in the morning. One on the sidewalk directing cars, one at the main doors, and another inside to help direct them to their classroom.Please do not wait to watch your child walk into the building.
- If your child needs assistance, please pull into an actual parking spot to help them, rather than sitting in the line to do so.
- Please be sure to share this with all drivers who may be picking up your child(ren) on any given day, so everyone is in the know and we can keep the process flowing.
NATIONAL FAMILY LITERACY MONTH!
Parent involvement in children's early literacy learning has been found to be the most importance determinant of language and emergent literacy.
November 1st kicks off National Literacy Month with a day designated as National Family Literacy Day. First designated in 1994, the day is meant to bring awareness to the importance of family literacy through the encouragement and education of both parents of and caregivers for children, and focuses on the powerful lifelong learning ripple effect they can ignite simply by participating in their children’s literacy practices.
Here is what research has demonstrated regarding that ripple effect:
- Parental literacy involvement continues to be a top predictor of achievement into the teen and adult years.
- Success in reading is a gateway to success in other academic areas.
- The earlier parents get involved in a children’s literacy the better, and the longer lasting the effects.
Check out this interactive November calendar. Click on each day to see an idea, activity, or thought about Family Literacy.
ELEMENTARY HOME HYBRID & FLEX DAY ATTENDANCE GUIDE
We recognize that families have a variety of schedules and circumstances that can affect their ability to participate in, or complete at-home learning within regular school hours. With that in mind, it is important that parents and students do their best to complete, and participate in, all at-home learning opportunities put forth by the classroom teachers and specialist staff to the extent possible.
MDH Covid 19 Decision Tree
This document was developed by the Minnesota Department of Health for Schools, Youth & Child Care Programs to use as a guide for Covid-19 exposure & decision processes. We encourage you to reference it to better understand the protocols we're following.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
ONLINE BOOK FAIR
SAVE THE DATE FOR GLENDALE’S ONLINE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR!
NOVEMBER 9TH-22ND. WATCH FOR THE LINK TO ORDER BOOKS COMING SOON.
ORDERING BOOKS THROUGH THE BOOK FAIR SUPPORTS GLENDALE’S MEDIA CENTER! CHECK OUT THE DIGITAL FLYER TO SEE THE EXCITING NEW BOOKS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE:
FALL PICTURE RETAKES
Glendale’s Fall Picture Retakes will be Tuesday, December 1st and Thursday, December 3rd.
Please find a copy of the Lifetouch Picture Day flyer for your reference.
Glendale Picture day ID: EVTFDXWP2.
**Online orders are preferred however paper orders will be accepted**
Glendale Distance Learning Families:
Glendale Fall Picture Retakes will be on Tuesday, December 1st and Thursday, December 3rd
We have made arrangements with Lifetouch to set up early to accommodate our Distance Learning Academy Students to have their pictures taken prior to school (from 8:00am- 9:15am).
Please contact Glendale office at 952-226-0200 with any questions.
MEALS FOR GLEN
Hello Wonderful Glendale Families!
Glen, a tiger salamander, is one of our pets at Glendale. Glen is an easy pet to care for, however, we will need some help with the donation of crickets. twelve crickets would be a typical meal about once a week. We are looking for families to donate this meal every Monday or Tuesday. If you are able to help, please sign up! You can bring your "meal" to the office and our Junior Naturalists along with your child will feed our school pet!
Thank you in advance for all of your support and donations!
IMPORTANT PARENT TOOLS
Hello Glendale Families!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Fall Spirit Week!! We had so much fun seeing dress up day outfits and completed BINGO cards throughout the week. The Virtual Silent Auction brought in over $930+ and this money will go towards outdoor learning gear for students and staff. We are in partnership with the Glendale staff to determine the best items for each grade level and your students should see those new items for outdoor learning soon!
Restaurant nights throughout the school year have also been a big success. Upcoming events include:
Tin Shed 10/30-10/31
Davanni's 11/9 and
Teresa's in later November.
The BUZZ Book directory has been distributed to all families who participated. We plan to publish an updated copy for second semester so if you would like to be included please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning is starting for the Spring Fun Run event. Historically this event has happened in the fall and has been our largest fundraiser and the kids love it! At this time we plan to have a modified obstacle course for all students, prizes and giveaways and an incentive to fundraise. More details will come as we get closer and know more about what school may look like in the spring. If you would like to be a part of the planning committee we would love to have you - please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested!
Also, please be sure to 'like' the Glendale PTC Facebook page to see updates throughout the school year!
Glendale PTC President
Glendale Attendance Line 952-226-0201
Glendale Main Office 952-226-0200
Glendale Health Office 952-226-0206
Jennifer Molitor, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsay Comstock, Dean of Students email@example.com
Dawn Ryan, Head Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Hartman, Building Secretary email@example.com
Elisabeth Ammerman, Social Worker firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Helpdesk 952-226-0062 or email@example.com
District Transportation 952-226-0050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior Lake Bus Company (after hours) 952-440-1166