East News Flash
August 23, 2019
- Open House
- Spirit Sales
- Student Insurance
- Plano East at L.D. Bell
- Sports and Fine Arts Performance Reminders
- Picture Retake Dates
- Video Interns Needed for Friday Night Football
- Health Service Information
- Cotton Bowl Prep Showcase
On Wednesday, August 28, we will hold Open House at Plano East Senior High School. On that evening you are invited to visit our school, tour our facilities, visit with our teachers, and see first hand the educational program that is in place for your son or daughter. What we need to make the evening a success is YOU! Our goal is 100% attendance by our parents. Please print and complete the document using your student's schedule:
Please bring the document with you to Open House. We will follow the abbreviated schedule on the form, which includes a general session in the gymnasium at 6:15 p.m. We look forward to seeing you Wednesday, August 28.
Spirit Day Sales
Parents- Optional student accident insurance is available to all families. The attached brochures provide details of the optional Student Accident Insurance coverage that is available for PISD parents to purchase online. All pricing shown on the brochures are one-time premiums only for the policy year effective August 1, 2019 to August 1, 2020. Additional information is available at www.pisd.edu/studentinsurance.Accident Insurance Brochure
Sports and Fine Arts Performance Reminders:
As we begin our sports seasons, we would like to take this opportunity to remind our students of the expectations of behavior at sporting events:
· We encourage our students to yell and cheer our teams on. Our focus should be on our teams and build them up and cheer them on to victory, not directed at the other team, players, or referees!
· Students are expected to keep feet off the railing at the football stadiums to prevent accidental falls.
· Students are expected to stay in the stands during sporting events in our gym. Students should have both feet in the stands. The first row of bleachers are not to be used.
We also would like to remind everyone of proper performance etiquette for the variety of performances:
· All phones should be turned off or silenced and put away so that everyone can enjoy the performance.
· If you need to leave for some reason during the performance, please do so during an intermission or between group performances.
We ask parents to help reinforce these expectations with our students and model them as well.
Help us live out our school motto of “Winning with Class”!!
There are specific stadium rules we would like to share with everyone. Below are the specific rules PISD ask all patrons to follow.
- Spectators may not enter the stadium with backpacks or duffle bags. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited backpack or duffle bag.
- Bags, purses and packages carried by spectators will be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are prohibited.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
Picture Retake Dates:
Junior Makeup Picture Day- Sept. 10
Senior Makeup Picture Day (History)- Sept. 11
Junior Makeup Picture Day (History)- Oct. 8
Senior Makeup Picture Day (History)- Oct. 9
Plano East at L.D. Bell
Video Interns Needed
The PISD Athletic department is looking for motivated students who are interested in learning how to video live sporting events. No experience is necessary. Learn how to shoot video from the press-box camera deck and the sidelines. Instruction will be provided on-site. Video interns are needed for Clark Stadium on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and Kimbrough Stadium on Fridays. This internship will be a great addition to your college resume.
Interested candidates please contact Jim Macaluso at: Jim.Macaluso@PISD.edu
Health Services Information
Cotton Bowl Prep Showcase
The 4th Annual Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase comes to Dallas’ historic Cotton Bowl Stadium on September 6th and 7th. Our Plano East Panthers vs. Lake Highlands are scheduled to play Friday, September 6th @ 8:30 p.m. Tickets will be available at Plano East Senior High and on game day at Cotton Bowl Stadium. Presale ticket prices at school will be $6.00 for students and $8.00 for adults. Day of game tickets bought at the Cotton Bowl will be $10.00 each for all ages. More information for the 2019 Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase is available by visiting www.cbsprepshowcase.com.
PTSA & Booster Club News
Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2019-2020 theme: Look Within. Students may submit entries in any of the six arts areas (Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts, Dance Choreography and Film Production). Only original works of art are accepted. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- IB Booster Club
Attention IB Families!
The IB Booster Club membership drive is going on now! Support the club that supports you! Enjoy the EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT now thru 8/31! Join online at www.planoeastib.org. Basic annual membership includes FREE PSAT/ ACT Practice Tests (must register), IB scholarship drawing entry (1 for each year of membership), access to members-only IB directory, plus support for all our programs including student / parent info sessions, teacher appreciation, school wish list items, socials, celebrations, scholarships and more! Mark your calendars for the first General Meeting, Sept 12th @5:00pm “Coffee with the Coordinator.” Please RSVP by Sept 5 at https://forms.gle/d9Yzaomi9A7jgvUXA
Join our REMIND group by texting to the number 81010 the following: @ibwsbc
New IB T-SHIRTS are available for sale for $15 +tax ($16.24) or get one FREE with your Black or Gold Level IB Booster Club membership. Purchase IB T-shirts online now at www.planoeastib.org or during lunch in the cafeteria on Wed, August 28th. Online orders can be picked up then.
Student Organization & Club News