By Kenny Hemraj
- Wayne Williams was a suspect in the Atlanta Child Murders taking place from 1979-1981.
- He killed two adult men, and was responsible for 23 child murders.
- Hair And Fiber were used widely in this case.
- The fibers found where linked to his house and his cars.
- Investigators were looking for anything that could trace them back to Wayne Williams.
- They found bodies.
- Kept the bodies for investigation.
- They quickly learned that he was going after African American Men
- They learned that he chose his victims.
Pieces Of Information
- His victims usually had a lot of carpet on them.
- Some victims would have dog hair on them, the dog hair on the victims matched up to Wayne Williams dog at the trial.
Concepts of Statistical Probability
- The carpet found on victims played a big role in the conviction of Wayne Williams.
- Investigators did their research on the type of carpet found.
- They learned that only a certain amount of people had that carpet.
- 1 Out of 7000 people in the area had that kind of carpet in their house.