BY RYAN HENSON
WHAT IS THE BERMUDA HIGH???
WHAT IS THE EL NINO???
What are El Nino's weather patterns???
- Cooler and wetter weather to the southern United States
- Warmer weather to western Canada and southern Alaska
- Drier weather to the Pacific Northwest
- Cooler weather to northern Canada
- Wetter weather to southern California
EL nino facts and information
- El Niño usually brings a warm winter to the northern USA from the Pacific Northwest across to the Midwest and sometimes the Northeast. this warm weather can cause lots and lots of hurricanes some big and some small. Every 3-7 years for some not well-understood reason, trade winds in eastern Asia weaken. This weakening causes warm water to pile up and through natural ocean currents this warmer water migrates towards the atlantic oceans.
what is the Coriolis effect???
what are the stages of development of a hurricane???
STAGE TWO- tropical depressions.forms when a low pressure area is accompanied by thunderstorms that produce a circular wind flow with maximum sustained winds below 39 mph.
STAGE THREE- tropical storm. very intense low-pressure wind system, forming over tropical oceans and with winds of hurricane force.
STAGE FOUR- hurricane.It can be dangerously up to 600 miles across and have strong winds spiraling inward and upward at speeds of 75 to 200 mph.Each hurricane usually lasts for over a week, moving 10-20 miles per hour over the open ocean. when it reaches land it begins to weaken.