August 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your time yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the morning retreat with Fr. Patrick, and your patience and hard-work at our in-service was greatly appreciated.
I know there was a tremendous amount of information presented yesterday, so I just wanted to provide a Cliffs Notes version for you below:
- Major Instructional Goals: Address curriculum concerns, use blended learning to personalize education for students, communication.
- Formal Observations: Goal setting sheet due by September 9th. Please schedule a date for your first formal observation between September 23rd and November 8th.
- Discipline: Uniformity is a priority. We will work on developing a more uniform system in the months ahead. Please utilize your Resource Request form for repeat academic or behavioral concerns.
- Circle of Grace: Circle of Grace will be taught the 2nd and 3rd week of October. You will receive a digital copy of your curriculum, and we will discuss this at a faculty meeting in September.
- Emergency Procedures: Please take your radio, class roster, and emergency bag with you on all evacuation drills and fire drills. You should also take your radio with you if you have recess duty or are taking your class outside.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out or stop by the office. I'm happy to meet with you.
In addition, you will find the full presentation from yesterday (including the beautiful pictures you missed out on!) attached below.
You will also find an "Important Documents" section below. This will appear in your weekly Faculty FYI for the remainder of the year, and will be updated as needed. If you need a copy of a procedural document, please check here first.There will also be a Google Drive folder shared with you that contains these documents, in addition to Circle of Grace curriculum, the Faculty Committee sign up, etc.
Finally, please note that beginning next week (Friday, September 6th), the Faculty FYI will be sent out on Fridays to appropriately prepare you for the coming week. Please let me know if you are planning an event that needs to be placed in the Faculty FYI for internal communication purposes.
Thank you again for your patience yesterday. I am grateful to be working alongside such a talented, selfless, and hard-working staff. Your classrooms look absolutely stunning, and I can't wait for the first day of school tomorrow!
God bless you!
Based upon this discussion, I thought you may find the attached article helpful. It discusses the importance of re-teaching classroom routines/procedures in order to reinforce appropriate behavior. This is so important, especially at the start of school. The more time we spend positively reinforcing appropriate procedures in our classroom at the beginning of the year, the more time we will have for instruction later.
The article contains some creative ways to introduce re-teaching. Hope you enjoy!