Corona High School - A Tradition of Excellence Since 1896
Greetings Panther Families
Here's your Panther Prowl for May 11, 2018; only three more editions remaining for 2017-18!
Antonio Gonzalez, Ed.D.,
Panther Academic Saturday School (PASS)
- AP Physics in L-5 with Ms. Olson
- AP Calculus in L-3 with Mr. Krueger
- Engineering in O-4 with Mr. Johnson
- Spanish support in S-202 with Mr. Quillen
- AVID support in L-1 with Ms. Burke
- Chemistry support in K-6 with Mrs. Pantoja
*Please note that weekly support is dependent on teacher availability.
Click on the images below for additional academic support available for our students:
Class of 2018 News
- Senior Sunset: Begins tonight (May 11th) at 6:30 pm in the Principal's Quad.
- Senior Awards Night will be held on May 21st from 5:00-7:00 pm in our Performing Arts Center. Notifications will be going out soon.
- Senior Dinner Dance: Tickets are now on sale for $45.00 with an ASB card and $50.00 without. The dance will be held on Friday, May 18th at Green River Golf Course from 7:00-11:00 pm. The evening will include dinner, DJ, dancing, and senior awards. This is a "senior only" event.
- Graduation tickets are now on sale for $10 cash, or $11 with credit card, but will not be distributed until May 29th during Grad Ticket Distribution at the designated time. Each senior will be granted 4 complimentary tickets and may purchase up to 7 additional tickets. Only graduating seniors will be allowed to purchase tickets, and final day to do so is May 21st.
- Cap n Gown Distribution: May 18th during both lunches in the PAC foyer.
- Grad Nite: May 24th-25th; Check-in at 5:00 pm in the PAC; scheduled depart time is 4:00 am from Magic Mountain, with anticipated arrival time at Corona High School 6:00 am. Grad Nite tickets are sold out!
- Senior T-shirts are still available for purchase. Have you senior stop by the Student Store pick one up!
- Senior Finals: May 23rd (periods 1-3) and 24th (periods 4-6).
- Senior Remind 101: Text @mrsjstiv to 81010 for the latest updates on senior activities.
- Last Day for Seniors: May 24th!!!
Thursday, May 31st at 7:00 pm in Panther Stadium
Performing Arts: Theatre
CHS Theatre presents the final play of the season: Women and War. This docu-drama examines the roles of women in American conflicts from WWI to modern day. Designed, acted, and teched by our Theatre 3 class, this is a piece you don't want to miss! Performances will be Monday 14th and Tuesday May 15th. Tickets $5 presale, $7 at the door. Come on out and support the theatre!
Renaissance: Teacher Appreciation
Baseball: Our 1-0 victory over Santiago on May 9th clinched our second consecutive Big VIII League Championship!!! Congratulations to baseball and their continued success year after year. We will find out next week CIF playoff details. Click on this link from the Press Enterprise: https://www.pe.com/2018/05/09/damian-torres-shuts-out-santiago-as-corona-clinches-big-viii-league-baseball-title/
Swim: Congratulations to Drew Heaston and Emily Heaston for making it to CIF Prelims. The event was scheduled for earlier today, May 11th, at the Riverside Aquatics Complex. Both swam the 200IM and Drew had a second event in the 100M butterfly. Drew qualified to move to the finals tomorrow as an Alternate in his latter event.
Track & Field: CIF Prelims will take place on Saturday, May 12th and Corona will be represented by Egbe Ndip-Agbor in the 200m & 400m, Jazmin Lucatero in the 200m & 400m, Kennedy Peppers in the 100m, Nicholas Gutierrez in Pole Vault, and Katherine George in Pole Vault. Good luck to all our Panthers!
Girls Wrestling: On May 9th at the RCOE Board of Education meeting, our girls wrestlers were recognized by superintendent Dr. Judy White on their incredible success this past season. Congratulations, wrestlers!
Tennis: A FREE Tennis Clinic is coming to Corona High School June 4th –June 11th at our tennis courts from 8:00 am -10:00 am. Students must have an athletic clearance packet on file prior to participating.
Cross Country: June training starts on June 1st. Students must attend practice to qualify to attend camp during the week of July 10th -13th in Big Bear.
Boys Basketball Tryouts: Freshman tryouts will be held on Monday, June 4, 2018 from 12:30 pm -3:00 p.m. Students must have an athletic clearance packet turned in to the Athletic Office prior to tryouts.
Softball: Tryouts will be held on Monday, July 16th and Tuesday, July17th @ 3:00 pm. Students must have an athletic clearance packet turned in to the Athletic Office prior to tryouts.
Corona High School Youth Basketball Camp will be held on Saturday, May 19th and Sunday, May 20th from 1:00–4:00 pm. Boys and Girls in grades 3-8 are invited to attend. This camp will be run by our Varsity Boys Basketball Head Coach, Chris Maffucci, staff, and players.
Girls Basketball: The Power 106 and KDAY 93.5 ALL Star Basketball Game will be held on Thursday, May 17th at 7:00 pm in our main gym. Tickets are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 with an ASB card, and $7.00 without for Ages 10-17. Tickets may be purchased from team members or at the Student Store.
Sports Physicals are coming to Corona High on May 23rd at 3:00 pm in C-3. The cost is $30.00 cash.
Textbook Room News
- Senior obligations must be cleared by Thursday, May 17th. Students may pay in the student store (debit, credit, or cash only).
- Locker clean out and textbook returns begin Friday, May 18th for all grades. Books left in lockers and not returned to library or textbook room by the end of the school year will incur a $5.00 fine for each book. Students are to return books at this time only if they are not needed for continued classwork. All others may be returned with their teacher during scheduled class times.
- Please contact Mrs. Rapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Textbook Room if there are any questions.
Counseling Department and College/Career Center
Be sure to follow our counseling department via our newest Twitter account @CoronaHScounsel for the latest counseling updates. You can also stay current with text updates by signing up for your appropriate grade level:
9th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2021"
10th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2020"
11th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2019"
12th grade text "81010" with the message "@corona2018"
Mr. Pruett, A-Dec (email@example.com)
Mr. Hernandez, Puente 10th/12th grade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Haggins, Del-Ji (email@example.com)
Mrs. Martin, Jo-Pe (firstname.lastname@example.org))
Mrs. Santos, Puente 9th/11th and Pf-Top (email@example.com)
Ms. Tran, AVID and Torres-Var (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Babin, STEM and Vas-Z (email@example.com)
Dr. Schneider, Intervention Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Media and Corona High School App
Panther Pulse: http://www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/Page/44767
Follow me on Twitter @CoronaPrincipal (https://twitter.com/CoronaPrincipal) and join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/coronahigh/).
If you have not downloaded the Corona High School app, you must! It is available for all phone formats and it's FREE! We are continuously improving its features and is a great way to stay connected. See screenshots below...
Corona High School Administration
John Abbott, AP (email@example.com)
Jeyan Danesh, AP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deena Rodriguez, AP (email@example.com)
Charlotte Vega, AP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jason Mitchell, AP Athletics (email@example.com)
Julie Stivers, AP Activities (firstname.lastname@example.org)