From The Principal's Desk
News for the week of November 12th
Quote of the Week
"As a teacher I feel I have a moral obligation to help the children in my classroom grow toward becoming full human beings and to feel successful. Teaching cognitive skills is not enough"
Word from the Wise:
"If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn" - Ignacio Estrad
Do not place yourself in a situation where you must apologize to parents, administration, or central office personnel for your mistakes.
11/12 No School (Veteran's Holiday)
11/13 Mr. Harris' K-12 Principal's Meeting (8am-Noon)
11/13 PTO/Title 1 Parent Meeting
11/14 Teacher of the Year ballots placed in teacher's boxes
11/15 Mr. Harris' 6-8 Principal's Meeting (8:30am-Noon)
11/15 Teacher of the Year Ballots due by 4:00pm
11/16 Teacher of the Year Announced
11/16 PAL Dance
11/19 SIT Meeting (3:45pm-5:30)
11/20 SIP Presentation( 3:00pm-5:00pm)
11/21-11/23 No School (Happy Thanksgiving Break)
- Observations are on-going.
- Mondays and Fridays during EXCEL of each week, Wellcome will be dedicating this time to independent or AR Reading.
- 8th grade Career Day has been rescheduled for November 29, 2012
- tinyurl.com/pcscore K-12 Curriculum Support Site
- New formative assessment plans developed by NC teachers aligned to the Common Core State
Formative Assessment (FA) Plans are available for the following content and program areas (at various grade levels/subjects):
Career and Technical Education
English as a Second Language
English Language Arts
- Measures of Student Learning (MSLs) are now officially referred to as the Common Exams
- Test specs for the Common Exams are now posted at:
- EOGs will be completely on line starting the 2014/2015 school year
- As a Reminder the Teacher Day begins at 8:00am. Teachers should remain on campus until 3:45pm unless meetings are scheduled.
- Supervision is a must….please do not leave your students unsupervised at anytime.
- Attendance is due no later than 9am daily.
- Do not allow students to leave class without their planners. Students without planners will be sent back to class.
- Do not forget to log parent contact
- Please be sure to contact parents of students who are failing your class prior to progress reports and report cards.
Lesson Plans are due on Mondays by 8:00am. They should be emailed to administration and posted on Commons. They should be submitted as follow:
Math: Mr. M. Harris
ELA: Mr. R. St. Clair
Science: Mrs. K. Harris
Social Studies: Mrs. K. Harris
EC: Mr. M. Harris
Encore: Mr. R. St. Clair
Start each day over as new, leaving the previous day problems and stress behind!
Remember to treat each student as if they were your own.
Remember be consistent with your rules and expectations.
Planning Periods Schedule
Mondays: Grade Level Meeting
Tuesdays: Meet with IC
Wednesday: IEP/Parent Meeting
Thursday: Content Specific PLC
Friday: Individual Planning
Remind your students daily that he/she “Can Be More!”