Solar,wind,geothermal,biomass,nuclear and hydro
2. (Pro) It's clean and quiet meaning no moving parts or waste from chemical reaction.
3.(pro) Solar energy is available anywhere the sun shines and will be for millions more years.
4.(con) Weather can decrease the efficiency of solar energy capture.
5. (Con) Solar energy is only harnessed during daylight hours.
2. Pro- It's a clean energy- produces no waste since No chemical reaction takes place.
3. Pro- Although it's tall, wind towers take up little ground space.
4. Con- Wind is not constant in most places a turbine can be built.
5. Con- wind turbines alter the landscape and natural aesthetics.
2. Pro- There is millions of times more geothermal energy available than humans can consume.
3. Pro- Geothermal plants take up at least space per kW generated of any major power source.
4. Con- Outside fuel is needed to operate the water pumps some plants use.
5. Con- it's current drilling technology is limited.
2. Pro- It can turn existing waste into energy.
3. Pro- Carbon neutral ( while alive, biomass acts as a carbon sink and upon death as a source).
4. Con- Energy is most easily realized through incineration, emitting air pollution and greenhouse gases.
5. Con- Large amounts of fresh water are needed to farm biomass and process it waste.
2. Pro- clean energy, produces no waste.
3. Pro- water that passes through the turbine in not contaminated and can be reused downstream.
4. Con - dams are expensive to build and can destroy habits along rivers.
5. Pro- with dams water flow can be regulated to match demand.