May 6, 2016
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! (and Happy Mother's Day!)
HTSD has paired up with the NJPSA/FEA to provide a number of learning opportunities for you. Those attending will be compensated through Title II funding. Seats are limited, so register ASAP.
- Rethinking and Redesigning Science Teaching and Learning (HS) on May 12 from 3-5pm.
- Rethinking and Redesigning Science Teaching and Learning (MS & ES) on May 24 from 4-6pm.
- Higher Order Questioning Skills (HS) on May 19 from 3-5pm.
- Higher Order Questioning Skills (MS & ES) on May 17 from 4-6pm.
- Using a Growth Mindset to Create a Climate of High Expectations (HS) on May 18 from 3-5pm.
- Strategies for Supporting Inclusive Programs (all levels) on May 10 from 4-6pm.
NSTA New Teacher Academy was designed to help promote quality science teaching, enhance teacher confidence and classroom excellence, and improve teacher content knowledge for those who have been in the classroom for 2-5 years.
EdCamp is a free-flowing exchange of ideas among area educators. It is completely participant driven and lead. There will be one in Monroe on July 27. It's free to all.
For You and Your Students
Check out these simulation sites if you haven't already:
Weatherbug is hosting a webinar on the tropical storm outlook for 2016 on May 11 at 2pm. Register here.
MathScienceMusic.org has lessons and short courses incorporation of the three area.
Have you or your students participated in a program to make Hamilton Township more sustainable? The Environmental Commission is seeking applicants for recognition. More info can be found here.