a weekly newsletter 11-12-13
A peek at our week...
* Vocab test Friday (words on Edmodo in Quizlet)
*Comprehension test Friday (chapter 9-12 open book)
MONOCHROMATIC ANIMAL RESEARCH PROJECT!!!! Please take note that we will begin this research project tomorrow. Students may choose to begin researching their animal at home! The project will be presented in a power point that can be done either at home or at school. We will have time to research as well as make the power point presentation at school. So, please don't stress about this. If your child would like to do this at home, they can :) The due date for this project is Tuesday, Nov. 19th. All power point presentations should be completed by then.
Math: We are wrapping up Topic 11 this week. Our test will be Friday. We will continue to have our multiplication facts test every Wednesday. Please continue to study these. I still have 10 students who have not passed their 2's. :( They have a minute and 30 seconds to do 25 problems! You need to make this a priority to practice nightly for speed! You can use this website to practice, or just the good old flash cards :) Thank you for your support. http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/mathmagician/cathymath.html
Science: We have begun our unit on the Sun and planets! The students will be coming home with lots of songs (that I'm sure you will be tired of :)) We will be using our Science text book (Ch 4) to guide us along our adventure to the sun.
Important Dates & Information
- 11-15-13 Field Forms and $$ due
- 11-21-13 (Thursday) Field trip to MOSH
- 11-27 through 11-29 Thanksgiving Break
- Field trip shirts went home today. Please make sure to wear them on the day of the trip.
Things to Remember
- Don't forget to practice FCAT Explorer and IXL at home. These are great resources to work on preparation for the FCAT test. Please make sure you are clicking on THIRD grade when you log into IXL.
- Thanks to Trey Willis for bringing in 50, that's right, 50 cans of food! Way to go Trey. Please continue to send in your canned goods!
- Your child should be reading the same chapter book every night for RT's. Please make sure that they are not skipping the TELLING part. This is a crucial part to their comprehension of the text.
- VERY IMPORTANT: IF YOU PLAN TO CHECK YOUR CHILD OUT EARLY UPON OUR RETURN FROM MOSH, YOU MUST SEND IN A NOTE 2 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIELD STUDY. Thank you for your cooperation!!
Resource Schedule for the week
Tue: Day 1: PE
Wed: Day 2: Music
Thur: Day 3: nothing
Fri: Day 4: PE
- I am in need of sticky notes! If you could spare a square, that would be great ;)